Sig Rangefinders Archery Firmware update

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the full draw 4, and like it alot. I also have a sig KILO2400ABS, which I was hoping this mode would work for, but it seems like it’s just for the newer K series

Can someone explain to me why this matters? All you need is the horizontal range, which is just a 10th grade trig problem that doesn't involve your bow's speed.

josef

FNG
The trajectory of arrows isn’t particularly flat which causes standard trig to not work well. They shoot short both uphill and downhill but to varying degrees.

This sounds like it does everything the full draw does with the exception of the max ordnance feature.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone explain to me why this matters? All you need is the horizontal range, which is just a 10th grade trig problem that doesn't involve your bow's speed.
In theory it is a trig problem, but in real life, with angles steeper than say 25 degrees, you will find that the yardage indicated by a standard archery rangefinder will not be quite right. Depending on the severity of the angle, the speed of the arrow, etc., you can find a few yards variation when you start shooting them in. For the majority of archery shooting it does not matter, but there are times when it does matter, and can mean the difference between a kill shot and a wounded animal.

WKR
I'm interested in real world experience with this. Aron Snyder seems to be very favorable towards for whatever that's worth. Maybe someone has finally solved the "cut chart" problem with rangefinders. Hope so. I'm due for an update from my Leica 900 and was leaning Sig anyway. Sounds like the 5k (about $700) is the entry point to be able to take advantage of this update.

I think the Leupold Fulldraw claims to use Archer's Advantage, so you can test the difference by using your current range finder in line of sight mode. Get the line of sight distance and the angle and plug that into your cut chart off of Archer's Advantage. Then use your rangefinder in compensated mode and note the difference in the two yardages you have in front of you.

Yon181

FNG
Anybody have real world experience with this new update from Sig? Trying to decide on a 5K or FullDraw 5.

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the full draw 4, and like it alot. I also have a sig KILO2400ABS, which I was hoping this mode would work for, but it seems like it’s just for the newer K series
For you and the other full draw users, did you find yourself taking advantage of the technology and shaving yards off shots when applicable? I've seen archers keep written history of how many yards to shave based on angle / distance but using a range finder to do that seems pretty intriguing.

I'll preface saying that I am getting back into archery after a few year hiatus.

Is this much different than using the Garmin sight that was a huge issue a few years ago? Didn't it do the same thing, just within the sight itself?

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
Might be great for bow hunters, but you couldn't pay me to use any Sig product again with how horrendously shitty their customer service is!

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to hear you guys have had better luck. They argued with me when I told them what was going on, said it wasn’t covered under warranty, and they would not repair it, but would give me 20% of list price. Pathetic cs in my opinion.