Sig Kilo 10K and Zulu

Used both the Zulu6 HDX and KILO 10k this past weekend at Tac in Pennsylvania.. Both are great pieces of equipment and both have features that will have you torn on which one to buy

The Zulu HDX is AMAZING. Image quality and glass is superb. The glass does not have the sig "blue tint" The color transmission is very true to naked eye. The image stabilization is so good that it basically eliminates the need for a tripod in the field. I was reading text on peoples shirts and they were 200 yards . I could easily make out tiny features on the control boxes of a snow blowing/making tower that was 450 yards away. When panning between objects it felt like I was on a tripod. The Zulu also had target mode which is even more stable of an image that stabilization mode. It really blew me away.

The Kilo 10K is nice.. VERY NICE. I'm well aware of the ballistics program, but was using it in archery mode for high/low angle shots and in place of my regular range finder. The angle cuts seemed very accurate even out over 100 yards. I was shooting in heavy wooded terrain on an overcast day and we even got rain, but despite the sig "blue tint" I was very able to pick out the fine features on the target to see where the 12 ring was located on the target. I've been borrowing a kestrel for PRS and don't have bino's at the moment so this might be the option i've been wanting

I'm torn between which option to buy. The Kilo 10K just about consolidates 3 pieces of equipment(binos, kestrel, range finder) if I'm hunting long distance. BUT the ZULU HDX elminates a very bulky piece of equipment and even eliminates the need for a spotting scope if you get a higher magnification because image transmission was that good

bigbuckdj

WKR
I wasn’t that impressed with the ranging binos at the San Antonio TAC, ranging was incredible but the glass wasn’t there for me to carry it around vs separate units.

Now the zulu 6s were awesome, I want some so bad but I don’t know where it fits in, the field of view is small so like I’m not sure if I want them for my chest but the 10x30s were very crisp and clear and the image stabilization is just crazy.

For the higher magnifications, the field of view is small and I don’t think I’m ready to throw out high powered tripod mounted binos in favor of those.

I don’t know how they fit for me but the technology was awesome and I want a pair, I’m probably more likely to get some 10x30 or 12x42 and try them on my chest vs keeping the 16s or 20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Update

So i went ahead and purchased the Kilo 10K. I've been able to play with it a lot more. The range finder part is just sweet.

The blue tint does not impair low light performance. I've used it a few times at sunset while shooting 3D in a wooded areas and still able to make out the 12/10/8 rings. I did buy these know that for the same price, I could have bought better glass. The rangefinder is arguably, the best there is and the ballistics program is top tier. I was in need of a set of binoculars in general, but also needed a new RF and also needed a Kestrel so everything is packaged into one deal. Plus this saves me from having to carry 2 extra pieces of gear