Sig Cross: Proof Research Prefits

jreyna

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone out there running one of the new Proof Research prefit barrel for the Sig Cross? I just ordered an 18" .308 WIN

Iketurner

FNG
Just installed a 16" 308 on my cross last week, it's so damn hot outside, I haven't been in a rush to break it in to see how it actually groups.

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 22
OP
jreyna

jreyna

Lil-Rokslider
I think you are going to like it. I got my 18" .308 barrel on last week and got to shoot it for the first time two evenings again. I don't normally do a break-in, but I decided to this go around. I did my sighting in throughout the break in and got it zerod in the first strand of 3 shots. Once I completed the process (8 shots later), I cooled the barrel down and decided to try ringing some steel at 250 yards. I had my DOPE from another .308 rifle in a 20" barrel, so I dialed and gave an extra mil or two. Missed just under the targeted. Gave it one more mil and smack!

I haven't shot any groups with it but so far I am really liking it. The few ounces removed vs the factory barrel make it even more pleasant. I hope you enjoy it.

WyOwen

FNG
I got the 20” 6creed proof prefit.

Rifle was 308. I have always liked the rifle, factory barrel shot most everything well.

Now with the 6creed it’s probably my favorite rifle.

It shoots very well load development was easy. Shooting 103eldx at 2989fps