SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

Finally had the chance to play with a cross in the gun store. I get it now and am growing fond of the design. glad to see the aftermarket support growing.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
bdedf4e7d0529dac76f939ee5a1c39bd.jpg

I dig the cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
*** Update
The first barrel order is in and it looks like they will be 2.5 months or so. Could be a bit faster. Here is what we are getting on the first batch. If you see one you want, shoot me an email and you can reserve it.

Pricing - All barrels will be $799 and come threaded, regardless of contour, length, etc..

Installation - Because SIG is unwilling to release some barrel extensions, you will re-use the extension off your current (OEM) barrel. They are very easy to remove and you can probably do it at home but any gunsmith should be able to do it in about 5 minutes or less. Then it's just a matter of installing the extension on the new barrel, installing back onto the rifle (also very easy) and checking headspace. Should really take 20min or less really.

If there is a specific barrel you'd like to order, we can get that going as well.

3 x 6.5 Creedmoor - 20” - 7.5” Twist - Sendero
2 x 6mm Creedmoor-20”-8” Twist - Sendero
2 x 308 Win - 20” - 10” Twist - Sendero
2 x 7mm-08 - 20” - 9” Twist - Lite
1 x 338 Federal - 18” - 10” Twist - Sendero

(yeah, we're going to try the 338Fed in this thing...should be an elk hammer)

[email protected]

Last edited:

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
*** Update
The first barrel order is in and it looks like they will be 2.5 months or so. Could be a bit faster. Here is what we are getting on the first batch. If you see one you want, shoot me an email and you can reserve it.

Pricing - All barrels will be $799 and come threaded, regardless of contour, length, etc..

Installation - Because SIG is unwilling to release some barrel extensions, you will re-use the extension off your current (OEM) barrel. They are very easy to remove and you can probably do it at home but any gunsmith should be able to do it in about 5 minutes or less. Then it's just a matter of installing the extension on the new barrel, installing back onto the rifle (also very easy) and checking headspace. Should really take 20min or less really.

If there is a specific barrel you'd like to order, we can get that going as well.

3 x 6.5 Creedmoor - 20” - 7.5” Twist - Sendero
2 x 6mm Creedmoor-20”-8” Twist - Sendero
2 x 308 Win - 20” - 10” Twist - Sendero
2 x 7mm-08 - 20” - 9” Twist - Lite
1 x 338 Federal - 18” - 10” Twist - Sendero

(yeah, we're going to try the 338Fed in this thing...should be an elk hammer)

[email protected]
Beautiful. Soon as I round up the funds my 308 will be a 7-08. Great work

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok, big reveal.. haha.

Manufacturer is Carbon SIX. The CROSS barrels will be exclusive to Schnee's for the next year. If you want one, they will be available online at Schnees.com, or over the phone. If you have questions, email [email protected]. Some will be stocked, but you can special order as well.

With the glass on it and finally some ammo in my hands, I plan on shooting it this weekend. Will report back.

khuber84

WKR
I suspected carbon 6, they were definitely not bartlein. Have heard decent results of the McGowan blanked carbon barrels.

Ok, big reveal.. haha.

Manufacturer is Carbon SIX. The CROSS barrels will be exclusive to Schnee's for the next year. If you want one, they will be available online at Schnees.com, or over the phone. If you have questions, email [email protected]. Some will be stocked, but you can special order as well.

With the glass on it and finally some ammo in my hands, I plan on shooting it this weekend. Will report back.
Nice. Do you guys plan on stocking any new ones you rebarrel?

khuber84

WKR
2 are left(on order) one person cancelled and switched to a different caliber. This first order will be in around the end of net month/mid october.
Is it possible to get a 6.5x47? If a guy wanted to order a one off 22" barrel is that possible as well?

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
In the manual it says there is a action guide for disassembling/assembling the barrel. am I reading
Into this too much or is it straight forward to take the barrel on and stab another on?

In the manual it says there is a action guide for disassembling/assembling the barrel. am I reading
Into this too much or is it straight forward to take the barrel on and stab another on?

From my understanding, the barrels on these use a barrel extension similar in how an AR-15 barrel works. That's also what the bolt locks into allowing them to make the rest of the action/chassis out of one piece of aluminum.

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I hadn't seen that until now. I don't think the guys at Carbon SIX used one when they did my rifle/barrel. But am not sure. I do know, you cannot clamp down on the action/body. It can cause it to crack the Aluminum.

We will be doing an install here in Bozeman, next week or so. I will be documenting it fully so everyone knows what the process is.

- Matt

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
*** UPDATE - I will be putting in another order for barrels next week. If anyone would like one let me know. We can also order something custom if you'd like.

- Matt