Sidearm in Unit 15

Elkhntr08

WKR
In the middle of planning a drive up DIY moose hunt in 2025.
My question is, should I carry my Glock or will bear spray be enough? I know I’ll feel better with the Glock, but how do I get it up there? Can I ship it to someone so I don’t have to drive through Canada with it? This will be a archery hunt.
Any advice is definitely appreciated.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
Can talk to gun shops up here to see if you can ship it to their store for a pickup. Alaska ammo is a good place right in Anchorage

Versydus

WKR
i was planning a similar trip this year, plans changed an we are flying up now, but I was planning to use these guys and pickup my rifle and pistol when going thru Tok. Give them a call, they were super good to talk thru the process. I was able to find a firearms dealer within 60 miles of me that works with them.

good luck!

Scottf270

WKR
I believe you can actually ship something to yourself . If you have someone who will take delivery and hold it for you. Check it out though for your own information.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I believe you can actually ship something to yourself . If you have someone who will take delivery and hold it for you. Check it out though for your own information.
I don’t think you can mail a handgun through usps. You absolutely can mail a rifle to/from yourself though.

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
I do believe an FFL dealer can not transfer a handgun to an out of state resident.

Last edited:

E Butler

Lil-Rokslider
What ever you do don’t have any pistol ammo in your car or trailer when you drive up. If they find one bullet at the border they will go through every inch of your vehicle looking for a gun. Any different ammo than the rifle you’re bringing is a whole new ball game. Better to ship it up.

wyosam

WKR
Could also look into borrowing. If it was at a time I don’t have a need for mine, I’d offer one up. It’s dumb how much of a pain it is to get a sidearm up here when you drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Probably easiest to arrange to borrow one. If you are driving you can’t take it through Canada and you can’t buy a pistol as a non resident.