Sidearm in Unit 15

Elkhntr08

WKR
In the middle of planning a drive up DIY moose hunt in 2025.
My question is, should I carry my Glock or will bear spray be enough? I know I’ll feel better with the Glock, but how do I get it up there? Can I ship it to someone so I don’t have to drive through Canada with it? This will be a archery hunt.
Any advice is definitely appreciated.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
Can talk to gun shops up here to see if you can ship it to their store for a pickup. Alaska ammo is a good place right in Anchorage

Versydus

WKR
i was planning a similar trip this year, plans changed an we are flying up now, but I was planning to use these guys and pickup my rifle and pistol when going thru Tok. Give them a call, they were super good to talk thru the process. I was able to find a firearms dealer within 60 miles of me that works with them.

good luck!

Scottf270

WKR
I believe you can actually ship something to yourself . If you have someone who will take delivery and hold it for you. Check it out though for your own information.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I believe you can actually ship something to yourself . If you have someone who will take delivery and hold it for you. Check it out though for your own information.
I don’t think you can mail a handgun through usps. You absolutely can mail a rifle to/from yourself though.