Side Hustle

Xerute

FNG
What side hustles do you guys do with spare time to make some extra money.

I am 23 years old and live near Cincinnati Ohio. I currently work as a field technician for a cable company. Not much experience with anything obviously but love to learn new skills and looking to see what has worked for you. Willing to work any amount of hours.

Last edited:
OP
X

Xerute

FNG
My current thoughts are lawn care, building furniture, refinishing furniture, doing something like Amazon/Walmart delivery on my off days. Again not a lot of experience or capital to start with, but love to learn and learn quickly if I'm invested into it.

I currently work as a field technician for a cable company. Going to edit that into my main post.
Where do you live? Is trade school or college an option or desire for you? Sometimes learning a new trade or skill can pay more than your current job.

I for one thought about mowing but that would cut into lake time. Also I can pick up extra shifts at the hospital and those shifts pay more then me doing the lawns. So personal time is a good thing too!

Invest in your self! Your young

I used to cut right of way for logging roads on the weekends but there aren’t many roads being cut these days. I do some consultation on underground utilities and run an excavator digging said utilities once in a while.

OP
X

Xerute

FNG
I read all of these, wanted to get new feedback and try to tailor it more towards myself who is young and not that experienced. Thanks though.

OP
X

Xerute

FNG
Where do you live? Is trade school or college an option or desire for you? Sometimes learning a new trade or skill can pay more than your current job.

I for one thought about mowing but that would cut into lake time. Also I can pick up extra shifts at the hospital and those shifts pay more then me doing the lawns. So personal time is a good thing too!

Invest in your self! Your young
On the Kentucky side across from Cincinnati Ohio. There is a trade school I have thought about going to just to learn a trade. I don't really have any hobbies outside of backpacking/hunting and would like to make the extra money to go out West every year with a tag or two.

OP
X

Xerute

FNG
Learn how to actually do something. Most trades are easily self taught with half a brain. Welding, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc. Tons and tons of sidework available.
Yeah, I was leaning towards carpentry out of all of the trades.