Shv 3-10x42 MOAR illuminates reticle for hunting?

brsnow

WKR
Hi,
I have the non-forceplex, but was interested in the MOAR for elk hunting. Does the reticle show up in last light without illumination? This would be on my fieldcraft.270, I want the ability to shoot to 500 yards via hold over. Thank you

• Banned
OP
B

brsnow

WKR
Hi, also does the whole reticle illuminate or just the center dot? Thank you

slowelk

WKR
Last light conditions are quite variable, but the MOAR reticle can be hard to pickup without illumination at last light around 500 yards if there is a dark background. The illumination is only the center cross-hair, but it is a big help early in the morning and late in the evening. The center crosshair illumination is enough for me because 95 times out of 100 I am dialing.

• Banned
OP
B

brsnow

WKR
Last light conditions are quite variable, but the MOAR reticle can be hard to pickup without illumination at last light around 500 yards if there is a dark background. The illumination is only the center cross-hair, but it is a big help early in the morning and late in the evening. The center crosshair illumination is enough for me because 95 times out of 100 I am dialing.

thank you, that sounds good. I wouldn’t be shooting 500 yards at last light . Appreciate the insight

• Banned
OP
B

brsnow

WKR
Any other insights? Is the MOAR workable for holdovers at 10x? The force plex is an option as well, unfortunately I can see them in person prior to ordering. Want to make sure the reticle isn’t too fine to hunt with and useable for holdovers or I would go with the force plex. Thank you