Shorty .22 Creed: Guess the Speed

What's the velocity with Hornady 80-grain ELD-X ammo?

• 2,800 fps

• 2,900 fps

• 3,000 fps

• 3,100 fps

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
StupidLightweight
Short barrel life! Dang, why didn't I think of that?

The serialized part is the shroud, so I suppose SWS could machine another barrel without going through the Federales, but I don't know. I'll cross that bridge when the time comes. Another option may be reboring the barrel, but that might be a long shot. A safer option would've been .223 or 6mm ARC, but then again, you only live once.

I don't know how accurate the barrel is yet, but to my ear, it's every bit as quiet as my Banish 223 suppressor on my Tikka .223. That sucker is shockingly quiet.

199p

Lil-Rokslider
Thats epic man, one of my next builds will be a 14" +atec can on a t3 im planning to use the 77tmk currently trying to stock up on them as they are very hard to find over here especially.

OP
StupidLightweight
Thats epic man, one of my next builds will be a 14" +atec can on a t3 im planning to use the 77tmk currently trying to stock up on them as they are very hard to find over here especially.
That will be a nice game slayer. By the way, you live in the most epic hunting destination in the known universe. I loved hunting NZ's South Island.

Eleven

Lil-Rokslider
It is legal to have the original manufacturer repair a suppressor without re-stamping. So, if the shroud is the serialized part, the manufacturer should be able to repair the insides. It sounds like they may have already thought of that by serializing the part that they did and not a piece of the ‘barrel’.