Short ILF limbs

1Canvas

FNG
I always bought long limbs for my ILF 19” Satori for a smooth draw but wanting to trim my bow length from 64” for hunting I ordered a set of short limbs for a 60” and what a difference that made. I put off buying them thinking 4” wouldn’t make that much difference but it did. I was also worried about the draw being harsh but at 27” I thought I would be ok. I ordered a set of Tradtech BlackMax 2.0 carbon wood shorts in 45#, I couldn’t be happier with that move. The bow handles great and even though the draw is a bit stiffer and different than the same limbs in long it has a nice feel. On top of that these limbs really slings these arrows fast and hit with authority burying very deep into the target. Once I got it tuned, arrows cut, and head weight established, it shoots great. Actually I have never shot better. There is no finger pinch and the string feels the same on the hand. I wish I would have done this sooner.

I typically like to use short ones but have mediums on my 17” satori. I agree I can also tell a difference with what a few inches can make. I like it alot better for hunting

OP
1Canvas

1Canvas

FNG
I typically like to use short ones but have mediums on my 17” satori. I agree I can also tell a difference with what a few inches can make. I like it alot better for hunting
I originally was going to buy another riser in 17” to use with my long limbs to shorten the overall length but shorts on my 19” was cheaper.

loose.aro

FNG
Very interesting. I have longs rn but I am looking at a set of shorts. I'm worried about the smoothness of the draw on one hand and the AMO going through the woods on the other hand. Thx

OP
1Canvas

1Canvas

FNG
Very interesting. I have longs rn but I am looking at a set of shorts. I'm worried about the smoothness of the draw on one hand and the AMO going through the woods on the other hand. Thx
I stayed away from shorts for years for the same reasons. Just don’t over bow on the poundage and you won’t have any issues.

I own a set of shorts 60 " ers . W&W BLACK ELKS 50#'s rated for a 21" riser mounted on my WF21 CD ARCHERY and they shoot fantastic. They didn't break the bank either. Lots of value and bang for the buck.
You don't hear much about the Black Elks most people tend to buy the W&W BLACK WOLF'S.