Shooting with an astigmatism

I have a stig in my right eye which is the eye I shoot with. I am right handed however my dominant eye is my left eye. I have better than 20/20 vision and have visited the eye doctor, they said it’s not bad enough for glasses or contacts. But when I shoot a lot, either guns or bows my eye will bother me for a few days after. Sometimes up to a week. Any tips on how to combat this?

TL406

Lil-Rokslider
Just get a pair of glasses made strictly for shooting. Contacts don’t work well with astigmatism. Having the best vision possible makes a big difference with shooting. I had astigmatism develop in both eyes in high school and fought with it for a while before getting glasses - immediate improvement in my shooting post-glasses. Got PRK laser surgery and got to right at 20/20 (still with a mild prescription), so I still wear glasses to shoot because I believe it makes a meaningful difference.

Edit: your eyes are bothering you afterwards from the strain of trying to focus through the astigmatism.

OP
R
Just get a pair of glasses made strictly for shooting. Contacts don’t work well with astigmatism. Having the best vision possible makes a big difference with shooting. I had astigmatism develop in both eyes in high school and fought with it for a while before getting glasses - immediate improvement in my shooting post-glasses. Got PRK laser surgery and got to right at 20/20 (still with a mild prescription), so I still wear glasses to shoot because I believe it makes a meaningful difference.

Edit: your eyes are bothering you afterwards from the strain of trying to focus through the astigmatism.
I will need to make an appointment with eye doctor it sounds like. Thanks