Trijicon Accupoint with the center dot and astigmatism?

So I have a little bit of an astigmatism, but worse are a couple eye injuries to my right eye. For my bow sites red fiber optic is pretty bad, see a starburst / instead of a dot, green is a blurry starburst. Red dot style rifle sights are just massive starbursts no matter the color, however etched reticle sights are fine when lighted. I'm considering buying one of the Trijicon 3x9's for a tough lightweight scope but figured I'd better check and see if anybody with an astigmatism used these Trijicon reticles and can report how their eyes did with them.

I have a slight bit of astigmatism, but can still use an RMR or other red dot fine with glasses on, albeit with just a little of that starburst. Glasses off, I get that big starburst. While I don't have a Trijicon rifle scope, I do have illuminated Swarovskis and have had Leupolds. The only time any starburst shows up with the glasses on is when I've got the brightness way, way too high. It goes away entirely just by dimming it down. So, I would guess you might be able to do something similar with a Trijicon.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
So I have a little bit of an astigmatism, but worse are a couple eye injuries to my right eye. For my bow sites red fiber optic is pretty bad, see a starburst / instead of a dot, green is a blurry starburst. Red dot style rifle sights are just massive starbursts no matter the color, however etched reticle sights are fine when lighted. I'm considering buying one of the Trijicon 3x9's for a tough lightweight scope but figured I'd better check and see if anybody with an astigmatism used these Trijicon reticles and can report how their eyes did with them.
Not exactly responsive to your question but I have horrible astigmatism and have an accupoint with the green triangle reticle. I have zero issues using it. For reference, I cannot use an Aimpoint, even wearing my glasses.

bnsafe

WKR
I have an eye disease an as bad astigmatism as you can have. I cant see red dots at all for the most part tho I get my with my aimpoint pro but its not great. I have no problems with my accupoint green dot. I dont think its prob as clear and do get a bit of star burst affect from it, but the green is small enuf it doesnt make much of a difference. Again I highly doubt it looks nearly as nice as someone with good vision, but its useable and is what it is.

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bad astigmatism, the Trijicon Accupoint was hands down the best illuminated reticle for my eyes, zero problems, Nightforce SHV scopes the illumination was unusable for me and I sold them all off, horrendous, Nightforce NX8 was fine, Leupold firedot was so so, I know what your dealing with and it sucks.

go_deep

WKR
Throw a wrench into your thoughts. I have the exact scope your looking at, but with the green dot, I like it way better than red.

sticman77

FNG
i have the accupoint 1-6 with mil dot / green center dot reticle. the size of the dot, and the level of brightness keep it looking crisp for me, i think the fiber/tritium illum prevents it from starbursting like my batter powered LPVO's will do.

generally in the fiber/tritium trijicon products green seems to show up brightest. i would also consider it an unnatural green, so it doesn't get lost in the brush as bad as one might think.

i have a severe astigmatism, can't use red dots for anything other than within 50 yards when set to daylight bright.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Even IF there was a glare with the dot, you could always close the window for the fiber optic and just use it as a regular reticle. It is still an awesome scope without the benefit of the illumination.

Quite a different optic, but I have an Eotech on my patrol rifle, and due to my astigmatism I have to turn the brightness of the dot down to where it is fairly dim. That gives me a much finer dot and a more precise aiming point. If it's bright daylight and I am shooting at targets closer than 50 yards, it doesn't matter, but for further distance, I get a much more precise aiming point (not fuzzy) by reducing the power to the dot.
I'm sure you can adjust the intensity of the Trijicon dot down a little to prevent the starburst effect.

KenLee

WKR
Quite a different optic, but I have an Eotech on my patrol rifle, and due to my astigmatism I have to turn the brightness of the dot down to where it is fairly dim. That gives me a much finer dot and a more precise aiming point. If it's bright daylight and I am shooting at targets closer than 50 yards, it doesn't matter, but for further distance, I get a much more precise aiming point (not fuzzy) by reducing the power to the dot.
I'm sure you can adjust the intensity of the Trijicon dot down a little to prevent the starburst effect.
Part of the beauty of an Accupoint is that it adjusts brightness up/down automatically based on how bright the lighting is.