Shipping Meat/Cape from Kotz

I tried searching for some answers but didn't come up with much.

We have a trip August 21-29 out of Kotz with RAM. What's the best way to get the meat and cape back home? You suggest ship it? Looking at a light weight cooler to check possibly. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Waxed cardboard boxes, otherwise known as "wet lock" boxes. Best thing going, actually. A caribou cape will definitely fit in one. Ditto for large, boneless meat chunks. Send antlers through an expeditor in Anchorage. PM me if you need a good Anchorage based expeditor.

OP
bgalloway01
Waxed cardboard boxes, otherwise known as "wet lock" boxes. Best thing going, actually. A caribou cape will definitely fit in one. Ditto for large, boneless meat chunks. Send antlers through an expeditor in Anchorage. PM me if you need a good Anchorage based expeditor.
How do we get the Antlers to them in Anchorage? I think our layover is only about an hour and a half.

To get caribou antlers to Anchorage on commercial airline, you need to completely moisture seal the skull with plastic and Gorilla Tape, and wrap brow shovel, bez, top shovels or points, and back points in stiff, thick cardboard and wrap that with Gorilla Tape to hold it in place. I'd also split the skull and bundle the two sides together. Or, if unsplit, put a stiff dowel between the beams and tape it in place, or you'll end up with a split skull (lol).

David-D

FNG
I tried searching for some answers but didn't come up with much.

We have a trip August 21-29 out of Kotz with RAM. What's the best way to get the meat and cape back home? You suggest ship it? Looking at a light weight cooler to check possibly. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
The guys at RAM will take care of the antlers and cape for you. They kept everything frozen and shipped them to Anchorage, where a guy from the Wildlife Gallery fleshed out the cape and treated the velvet. Wildlife Gallery took about 6 months to get everything sent to us at Kifaru. As far as the meat goes, I hope you can get a cooler. It probably won't last the flights and layovers.