Shepherd "rugged" scopes?

Anyone have any experience with Sheppard scopes? I remember their gimmicky 2 plane reticle but I saw the "rugged" 3-9 on Dvor 50% off and the marketing got me. "Added strength to the turret assemblies, lens retainers, and interior support systems allow these scopes to take any punishment that the terrain or weapon can dish out without adding weight." Not often scope companies advertise zero retention and It look very similar on the outside to the swfa 3-9.

OP
E
MIL reticle and MOA turrets, first focal plane…now there’s some engineers who really know what’s going on
Ya the reticle is pretty bad, I believe they used the ffp as a "BDC" type reticle then put exposed turrets on it to make it tacticool. reticles seem to be bad across the board now at every company with the tactical fad going on now

I'm curious if they actually added strength to internals for zero retention or if it's just marketing. Very few companies advertise like that

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Ya the reticle is pretty bad, I believe they used the ffp as a "BDC" type reticle then put exposed turrets on it to make it tacticool. reticles seem to be bad across the board now at every company with the tactical fad going on now

I'm curious if they actually added strength to internals for zero retention or if it's just marketing. Very few companies advertise like that
I’ve watched one take a dent to the front bell from falling off of my buddies shoulder. 100% lost zero, tough fall. Having messed with one in person, I’d pass. A laser rangefinder is much nicer than using their ranging reticle for vitals size.