Sheep Reports

Congrats!! I fly out to AK on Monday and the hunt starts Wednesday! This will be my first sheep hunt and I'm pumped!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
674e93837fa0a15bb27686b23e2e6cfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
Chugach Ram. 13 years old. 34 7/8". Only 3 front teeth left.
He was taken by my hunting partner who drew the tag. We had no idea he was as old as he was, even as we stalked to within 200 yards. The rings just stacked up like mad toward the base. Chris @ ADFG Palmer studied it for quite some time and said it was a truly unique ram. He was not even full curl and never would have been due to genetics and the fact that he probably would have died this coming winter. It was a great hunt despite the weather. Now time to get out and find my own ram!

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
BR...your pic doesn't open. :( .... 13y/o is insane...congrats.

Just got a call from my son, he and his buddy took a great opening day curl-and-an-1/8th plus...

Broomd

WKR
This was my son's hunting partner's ram, it was 'his turn' this year.
Two years in a row these guys have killed rams that aged 6 y/o!...crazy growth...36x13.5.

thumbnail_IMG_0292.jpg

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
14 days in the rain and came out light. Had a great trip though and it was great to be out in the mountains again with my dad and GF.
Always impressive to watch a "senior citizen" push into some of the toughest sheep country around.
Congrats to everyone successful!

Snyd

WKR
Way to go guys and gals! I sat this year out so seeing all your rams gets my blood pumping!