Sheep, moose, & goat permits are out in Montana!!

Woo-hoo boys. Permits are out for moose, sheep, and goat here in Montana finally! After 37 years in a row now for moose and sheep, I finally.............................................. didn't get drawn again!

Maybe next year. Man I just envisioned myself hunting a large ram with that brand new Winchester Model 70 in .280 Ackley Improved! I have to laugh or I'll cry! Maybe next year?? :D

David

Nothing for me. I tried this morning and site was down. Just tried again and came right up for me on my phone.

Bowtech
Good for you! I wish you the best. You hiring a guide? Just curious. I did draw a goat tag 4 years ago after 33 years of applying and the area I drew the population tanked. I saw one goat the whole season. Still had one heck of a fall and quite an adventure. Loved every minute of it!
David

Checked this morning as well, the wife and I drew nothing.... but that is what I planned for.

I'm not planning on hiring a guide at this point I might change my mind once I get down there and take a look at the unit and if I do hire anyone it would just be a packer

Congrats Bowtech! No sheep or goat for me this year. I could almost see that ram in my sights but I guess not.

I'm not sure why I even bother to check any more. Constant source of disappointment.

Montana needs to go to ONCE IN A LIFETIME for moose, sheep, and goat to give more folks a chance at getting to hunt one of these amazing animals! No it won't drastically increase our chances of getting drawn but no-one deserves to harvest more than one each of these great critters. If a person drew a permit and because of a down-turn in populations, or they did not see "the one" they wanted to take, I could see possibly giving that person a chance to draw again after waiting the mandatory 7 year wait period, but not someone who was successful.

I have too many stories of folks I personally know who have drawn multiple sheep, moose, and goat tags. Quite frankly it's a bunch of crap!
David

Back