Sheep Hunting Terrain Variation

On my sheep hunt I was more worried about flying in the little Cessnas through the mountains than the steepness of the cliffs. But to some of these pilots (the really good ones) it’s like driving a car. Good luck on your hunt!

Congrats on booking your hunt and I hope the next two years and the hunt itself are everything you are hoping for. I went two years ago to the Brooks range and it was an amazing experience. I was very anxious throughout the entire process from researching/booking all the way thru to getting on the mountain. I was 51 at the time. After serving 23 years in the Corps I feel I have experienced enough danger in my life and have since become a bit cautious in the things I do. I prepped and planned and was in very good shape going into the hunt. In reality the sheep hunt was physically easier than I expected, but will admit it didn’t take long for us to find a nice group of rams. The climb to get to the sheep and the load down the was tough, but I personally don’t think it was as tough as chasing bulges in many of the places I have hunted elk. The brooks is much lower altitude and it was a gentlemen’s and deliberate pace. Those Rams weren’t going any where and I as able to frequently stop, take pics and enjoy the views. Laying on that spine looking down on my Ram 220 yards below, watching him, dry firing a couple times - it was a trip I will truly cherish forever. I hope you find the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jgarrett

FNG
Same issue with heights for me. 2 sheep and a mountain goat later…talk to your guide and establish boundaries. It’s your hunt. Got my Dall in NWT. Will be fine