Shchafer silvertips

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
Who all here has a Silvertip? If so, drop a picture and how you like it. Really looking into getting a Silvertip in the future.

Beendare

WKR
If I posted a pic of my Stalker ILF and painted my Uukha limbs....would you know the difference?

Grin.... kidding

Those 3 piece bows are so ubiquitous...but I find that I love the ILF system for that as I have so many great choices for limbs.

BCD

WKR
I used to have one. It felt a little top heavy to me. I liked the grip and filled a few tags with it. Eventually I sold it as the poundage was a little much.

ScottinPA

WKR
I shot a lot of different bows but settled on Silvertips since 2007. I shoot them well and like the workmanship and performance. I've got 5 TD recurves, some with extra sets of limbs, and 1 one piece longbow. Anything in particular you want to see?

OP
Tegr0429

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a lot of different bows but settled on Silvertips since 2007. I shoot them well and like the workmanship and performance. I've got 5 TD recurves, some with extra sets of limbs, and 1 one piece longbow. Anything in particular you want to see?
Not sure if you have an original built by Paul but that would be cool to see.

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned over one dozen Schafer’s, they are great bows. Bought seven of them at a trading post (fancy name for a pawn shop) for $550, around 2012. Four of them were made by Paul, but I digress, that is another story. I had a couple made, had a few others I picked up on Craigslist or the Mini Nickle (a Montana buy, sell, and trade paper before the internet), and won one in a raffle. I’m a longbow shooter at heart, sold all the Schafer recurves, still own both the two piece longbows my brother and I had made. Sold all my custom bows except those two longbows when I decided to only hunt with bows I made. They sit in the bow rack, don’t think I have shot either of them in ten years. NO, they are not for sale.

My take: Schafer’s are a little heavier then most recurves (physical weight of the bow), steady in the hand, performance is great, craftsmanship and finish is outstanding, Dave’s bows are finished better than Paul’s, Paul’s and Dave’s perform are close to the same, and customer service with Dave and Beth is top notch.

Expect a two year wait for your bow after you place the order. That should tell you something.

Last edited: