Sh!tty Packs

InDeep

WKR
Badlands 4500,Badlands 2700 , Alice , tenzing anything and whatever the marine issued packs are. These are all about as bad as they come when hauling meat

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
Eberlestock mainframe. Not fun on the shoulders even with smaller animals, sold after those pack outs
20181011_153004.jpg20191113_183826.jpg

Clarence

WKR
This will be my first year back west in 20 years, and the first time we were truck camped in AZ and I was able to take an ATV right to my bull.

Headed to CO this year and I am acquiring gear from scratch, so no new Kifaru or Stone Glacier for me. All I had was a Badlands SuperDay for whitetails around home. I wound up tracking down what I think is a decent fitting Dana Design pack that's about 30 years old. It's the green/teal and black. From what I've read they were considered top shelf back in the day and a version of that model still exists in the MR lineup. Hopefully I'll put it to the test in a few months.
My hunting partner is still using one of those Dana packs. Solid packs.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

My mentor buddy told me (as a newbie to big game) to buy an external frame pack so I could tie meat to it to pack out. Being the thrifty type, I found this gem for a fraction of what many spend. All was fine until I got my first kill. Fortunately it was a pronghorn and I was only about 1.5 mi. from camp on level ground. I hauled the whole quartered animal with only a bit of shoulder pain. A week later, it was a large cow elk. We shared duties and I hauled both front quarters in this pack - about 2 miles in hilly terrain. It's now all cleaned up and listed on Craigslist. Not doing that again!

AM.

Kelty.jpg

Not me in the pic, but my buddies first bull and my first time packing an animal out 2 miles down to the truck. Two trips. I had a shitty $40 mossy oak tactical walmart bag I bought right before season. Took down both back quarters.
20170910_113755.jpg

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
This is a great thread. I currently have a Kelty Redwing 50 I use for backpacking. I now have hope it can work for backpack hunting. If I really enjoy it I will upgrade

bowboy378

FNG
Tried to pack a stand and 4 sticks on a SuperDay and the top strap came undone and cracked me in the back of both knees lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy Paul and I have certainly hauled well over a ton of elk on our Kelty Cache Hauler frame packs over the years. Fortunately I have graduated to something a little more modern and comfortable.

1614904205356.png