SG SKY in the 3500 mode. My daypack for the Islands.

rs4_zps79v1jknp.jpg

I've had my Stone Glacier 5100 for just about a year now. Here's a video of how I'm currently using the pack for my Island hunts. Click on link below to view.

[video]https://youtu.be/wB9eHSX4JZI[/video]

Aloha!
Ryan

Last edited:
OP
Ryan K Sanpei
In the video, I mention packing out my recurve in the spotting scope bag. Here's an image of the attachment.

IMG_1500_zpszbr7lwuy.jpg

mauidiver

WKR
Ryan, Good stuff and great review. You have it made out there man!! I lived Maui for 23 yrs, just moved to Austin Tx 5 yrs ago. I cant believe I neva smoke any animals out there, I was strictly freediving and poking fish, but now that I'm in Tx, i've just started using a wheel bow and waiting to come back Maui in early December, leaving back to Tx 23rd I believe. Keep on feasting!! Aloha oe!!

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
Mahalo mauidiver!

I also used it to pack in my diving and fishing gear.

IMG_2085_zpscqvqjjau.jpg

5100 Mode, diving gear and soft cooler with ice.

IMG_5206_zpsdsza6f3i.jpg

All day shore fishing.

IMG_6044_zpstx9fzuak.jpg

Morning whipping session. The soft cooler with ice stays in the load shelf on every fishing/diving trip.

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
I even customized one for my wife. I chopped her frame and attached an Approach bag. Please keep in mind that I did void the warranty by doing so.

IMG_1272_zpsrriynemb.jpg

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
Ryan, Good stuff and great review. You have it made out there man!! I lived Maui for 23 yrs, just moved to Austin Tx 5 yrs ago. I cant believe I neva smoke any animals out there, I was strictly freediving and poking fish, but now that I'm in Tx, i've just started using a wheel bow and waiting to come back Maui in early December, leaving back to Tx 23rd I believe. Keep on feasting!! Aloha oe!!

Maui is one of my favorite islands!!!

Yes, we'll be feasting this year.

Some of our harvests from this year. All deboned and packed in the SG.

IMG_1507_zpslg8qf2hw.jpg

We just made some ground goat for chili the other day and some of it will go in my brand new smoker next week.

IMG_1598_zpsmv7gnq5u.jpg

mauidiver

WKR
Mahalo mauidiver!

I also used it to pack in my diving and fishing gear.

IMG_2085_zpscqvqjjau.jpg

5100 Mode, diving gear and soft cooler with ice.

IMG_5206_zpsdsza6f3i.jpg

All day shore fishing.

IMG_6044_zpstx9fzuak.jpg

Morning whipping session. The soft cooler with ice stays in the load shelf on every fishing/diving trip.

Ho Ryan, Yo killin me!! This is how I plan on rollin when I get maui. You kauai? If so, i know you know a couple divers friends. I'll pm you later on!!

mauidiver

WKR
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgOk, not to derail your sick mods you made to your SG Sky 3500, but you got me all nutz now!! Here, couple little fishes I poke!

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
i would like to put a shout out to everyone about what a great person ryani sanpei is. i pmed him 2 weeks ago as my 26 year old son is moving to kauuai, Hawaii and asked ryan for some ideas on what my son could take to Hawaii. ryan called me up and said he could meet up with my son and take him hiking, bowhunting, fishing and spearfishing. a short time later he called me again and gave me a lot of hints on what to bring there and ideas on what to do. Also a big thank you to rokslide for providing a forum to meet up and make new friends.

mauidiver

WKR
This is awesome!! Hawaiian heart!! He will be in good hands for sure. Its imperative to have somebody like him with a selfless attitude and to show the aina to him. This will save your son a lot of poss issues. I dont know Ryan, but what from what I've read about him and his posts, He not only get action, he one solid guy.

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
Last edited:
OP
Ryan K Sanpei
i would like to put a shout out to everyone about what a great person ryani sanpei is. i pmed him 2 weeks ago as my 26 year old son is moving to kauuai, Hawaii and asked ryan for some ideas on what my son could take to Hawaii. ryan called me up and said he could meet up with my son and take him hiking, bowhunting, fishing and spearfishing. a short time later he called me again and gave me a lot of hints on what to bring there and ideas on what to do. Also a big thank you to rokslide for providing a forum to meet up and make new friends.

Thank you for the kind words Todd! It was great chatting with you and hope to meet up with your son one day!
Aloha!
Ryan

mauidiver

WKR
All shore dives!! Just get lucky once in a while!!! :) I'm bringing my Wong carbon hybrid just in case!!

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
All shore dives!! Just get lucky once in a while!!! :) I'm bringing my Wong carbon hybrid just in case!!

I had a few of those guns and one of his enclosed track blue water. In college I worked at Hanapa'a Hawaii. We sold a bunch of his guns at that time.