SG Kiowa vs Kuiu Divide 3000

pc3

WKR
Folks looking at a day pack/double as carry on to replace a 1st gen Camelback motherlode....just not quite enough room or tall enough for spotter or tripod etc.

Looking at the SG Kiowa or the Kuiu divide which is the better pack for day duty, carry on airplane duty (to carry my optics etc. rather than checking them)

The layout of the Kuiu looks good seems to have more organisation than the Kiowa, or is there something better out there ?

Crews

FNG
Can’t help you on the Kuiu but I’ve got the Kiowa and use it frequently for work travel. It’s a great pack, excellent for carry on airplane travel. All the compression straps are helpful and even with 5 days worth of stuff I don’t have any issues getting it in an overhead bin. Has more than enough organization as far as I’m concerned.

I also use it as my day pack for deer season. Happy with it in that regard as well.

Reactions: pc3
OP
P

pc3

WKR
The Kifaru .357 might also be a candidate...I have that layout in the 44 and madeuce flavours, but heavier than the Kiowa i'd reckon

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have used my Mystery Ranch Pop-Up 28 (discontinued) for hunting and as a carry-on. It works well for both. The newer Pop-up 30 might be an alternative option.

Scotty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_S

FNG
I have a Kiowa and it's great. I've used it for travel and it works well. It gets used for all sorts of hunting. It's carried my hang-on stand and my saddle platform along with climbing sticks. The belt is removable, and it does have 2 small pockets inside as well as 2 interior sleeves for spotters or a nalgene. I like that the belt doesn't have integrated pouches, which lets me set it up with whatever I want. As with other stone glacier packs, it has spots to add their pouches to the inside.

I've taken the Kiowa on all my travels for the last few years. I like its simplicity but also the ability for organization. I customized some aspects to make it even better, still the same bag though. Pods8 put in a Kifaru style sleeve for me so I can attach to the duplex frame. I put a Kifaru edc belt on it which was an upgrade to the SG belt.

Reactions: pc3