SG bag on a K4 frame?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
By chance has anyone tried putting a Stone Glacier bag on a K4 frame? It looks like the stay pockets on the bags might line up well with the frame stays, and the compression strap alignment might be close. Swapping buckles is no big deal, but I'm not a sewer so any major mods wouldn't work. Or if someone is able to measure the outside to outside width at the top of the k4 frame stays?

I'm on the fence about keeping my stone glacier pack, but I really like the 40/56 bag design. It'd be nice to get the best of both.

Last edited:
Yes. In fact, I literally just mounted my 40/56 on a K4 frame a few nights ago. It works with some strap and buckle swapping. I haven't fully dialed it in yet, but I'm currently using extra Kifaru strap set for the bottom cinch attachment, and otherwise just swapped some buckles to make it work. SG frame/bag setup doesn't use opposing buckles like EXO does, so you'll need a number of extra male buckles to make it work.

OP
G

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. In fact, I literally just mounted my 40/56 on a K4 frame a few nights ago. It works with some strap and buckle swapping. I haven't fully dialed it in yet, but I'm currently using extra Kifaru strap set for the bottom cinch attachment, and otherwise just swapped some buckles to make it work. SG frame/bag setup doesn't use opposing buckles like EXO does, so you'll need a number of extra male buckles to make it work.
Excellent, thanks! Is the type of buckle the same on the frame and bag? Just need to swap to male on the one side of the frame to match them up?

Excellent, thanks! Is the type of buckle the same on the frame and bag? Just need to swap to male on the one side of the frame to match them up?
Yes sir. K4 Male fits in SG Female. Just have to swap a few around the k4 frame, and use the autolock male buckle that comes with the frame.

OP
G

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Perfect thank you. Going to use the SG frame for this season and hopefully grab a K4 on sale.