Sevr Broadheads

Dan MT

FNG
Looking for some real time Sever Broadhead experience and opinions...

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I shot 2 antelope and 2 deer with them this year. All died within sight. All shots were 30 yards and in. I was shooting 125 grain 2” heads. I also don’t think any of the animals would have went very far with a different head, all 4 shots were good. I did have iron wills in my quiver for elk, but unfortunately never got to test them. Sevr fly great for me and it’s cool you can lock the blades and shoot them. I had a set of test blades I would put in the head and lock them in. Shoot the arrow and make sure it flew good. Then I would put a new set in the head to hunt with. I also sharpened the tip of the head up on a stone. Not sure if it made a difference, but made me feel good about it. Not sure if you watch Lusk Archery at all. You can search you tube for Lusk and Sevr. He does some good testing that may help you decide if you want to try them.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I have had great luck the sevr 1.5 and 2.0 on whitetail. I shot a buck this year with the 1.5 and the arrow hit a little back…straight liver. He only went 80-90 yards. Great blood trails with all the deer I have killed with them.

Haven’t broke or bent a blade yet

Duh

WKR
I’ve used the 1.5s exclusively for 2 years now. First kill with one was a frontal shot on a whitetail at 17 yards and recovered it within 175 yards. Killed another muley at 72 yards. Double lung and piled up within 100 yards. The most impressive kill to date was a bull elk last fall. 32 yard quartering away. Broke through the off side shoulder (not full pass through) but lethal non the less. I will note the broadhead did break at the base of the threads on that elk and the tip bent a little.

All have been pretty good blood trails.

I appreciate being able to lock them up and actually practice with the broadhead I’m going to hunt with. I’ve heard people say that their blades dull up in practice mode but I haven’t noticed anything shooting into my Rinehart target.

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
Had a LONG quartering away follow up shot on a bull this year with a 1.5 that was a full pass through and smacked a rib dead center. Busted right through it and the broadhead had absolutely no sign of wear or damage. Cleaned it off and you can’t tell it from a new one. Double lung pass through with the first shot so I’m sure it would have been good with that one arrow but it ran about 50 yards and stopped so I put another one in him. I love being able to lock the blades and practice with them as well.

Marble

WKR
They shoot well and are great to practice with. They perform like any other mechanical, maybe a little tougher but hard to say. I carry one with me elk hunting for a long shot.

I shot one bear with one. Got decent penetration.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gelton

WKR
Took a cow elk with a 1.5 last year. Went through the onside scapula and was poking through the offside shoulder. She went about 25 yards and piled up. Didnt see her die but did hear her coughing and gargling. Hit her more forward than I would like - missed heart and lungs but destroyed the thorax.

70lbs, 458 grains, 285 fps.

Shot a very large old whitetail with a 2.0 last year only about a 25 yard shot but he was quarter away more than I thought tucked it in a touch low and just behind the base of the shoulder blade it exited out the front leg breaking it in half. Didn't get a full pass through but watched him run maybe 60 yards and pile up after about 5 yards he left a.blood trail as good as any I've been on.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dschwan

WKR
Shot two does this year. Both shots ended up being high ( still getting used to that string jump) and they both died within 30 yards. I do not like swapping blades in them. I find it to be a bit of a pain and frustrating but that is me.

rclouse79

WKR
I made a bad shot on a deer last season and hit it in the spine. The sevr 2.0 passed all the way through and dropped it like a sack of potatoes. The head still looked brand new after going through heavy bone.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
How are they for rattling in the quiver? I used to use ulmer edge and loved them except for the rattling noise when I shot.

Shot a whitetail with one - quartering away, middle of one lung, through the heart and out the far shoulder. Never found the head as I think it barely exited on the far side the deer broke the arrow running off. Only fount the back 3/4 of the arrow.

rclouse79

WKR
How are they for rattling in the quiver? I used to use ulmer edge and loved them except for the rattling noise when I shot.
I did not notice rattling. I think you could take the blades out and put a little more bend in the washer if they did rattle. The tight spot quiver with two arrow grippers is key. I don’t even have to touch the broadhead to the inside of the quiver and they are rock solid.

Jbow387

FNG
Dude didn‘t make it too far after that.
Got a clean pass thru, changed the blades and was ready to go.
They fly true, quality, sold directly from the manufacturer and consistently kill animals for me.
I’m sold.

Attachments

• 4C1132C3-94CC-41D4-A5AD-C4E47380B824.jpeg
    4C1132C3-94CC-41D4-A5AD-C4E47380B824.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 42
Didn't like the blood trails I got with the Ulmer Edge 1.5. Gave them a two year test and did kill a grizzly, Roosevelt Elk, Black Bears, Coues deer, whitetails, Blacktail etc. Went to 3-blade expandable heads and have been much happier.

CB4

WKR
I think they are garbage. Yes they fly great but I can get an Iron Will to fly right with them. I shot an elk with a Sevr last year and will never do it again. They dull just going through hide and the blades bend very easily.

However any broadhead with a perfect broadside shot should do its intended job, if you want a broadhead that allows for more shot angles its not the one.