Sell AR15 to fund a new Bow?

jspradley

WKR
I recently sold at least 10 guns I don't shoot anymore... I personally wouldn't sell an AR if it were my only one but don't hesitate to get rid of guns you don't shoot or feel bad about it.

At the end of the day they are just chunks of metal.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
What kind of AR is it? if it's an expensive one, you could sell it, and have enough money for a new bow AND another ar-15, i am regularly seeing uppers in 223/5.56 sell for 170-199 all the time on a couple of websites,

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If your one of those a-holes that shoot at the range with a short barreled AR that ejects your brass far enough to hit my scope and leave a little dent in it from 6 benches away, please sell it. (dont worry i threw it right back at him)

Honestly, I've sold two guns, both were youth guns, one shotgun and one rifle. A year after that we had a kid. If you sell it you will most likely regret it at some point.

Hello:

As it now stands I hunt with a Bowtech Guardian . I believe it came out in 2006 or 2007?

I shot a hunting arrow across my chronograph. It is cooking at 285 feet per second. I have killed a few deer and a few wild turkey with it.

I do not see any good reason to get rid of it. To me it is still shooting with enough power to take what I need. In fact the last deer I shot at 25 yards was a pass through that broke the front leg and drove the arrow into the ground.

I would not sell any type of AR style firearm right now. The far left is at it again. They are beating the Tom Toms over gun control and are trying to convince people that the AR style of rifle is the tool of the devil.

ChrisA

WKR
I'm not sure if there's anything that depreciates faster than a new compound bow. No way in heck I'd sell an AR to fund a bow or anything else for that matter. I'd eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a month or two and save your pennies for a new bow. Or run what you already have.

Chris

I would sell a gun for a bow if I was just getting into bow hunting, and only if I already had a more favorite example of the gun in question.

Hello:

As it now stands I hunt with a Bowtech Guardian . I believe it came out in 2006 or 2007?

I shot a hunting arrow across my chronograph. It is cooking at 285 feet per second. I have killed a few deer and a few wild turkey with it.

I do not see any good reason to get rid of it. To me it is still shooting with enough power to take what I need. In fact the last deer I shot at 25 yards was a pass through that broke the front leg and drove the arrow into the ground.

I would not sell any type of AR style firearm right now. The far left is at it again. They are beating the Tom Toms over gun control and are trying to convince people that the AR style of rifle is the tool of the devil.

I just went back to a 2007 guardian that was like new and so far it has shot much better than my other slightly newer bow that I had used for 6 or 7 years. I loved the way it looked but loved the way it shoots and how silent it is. Keep that bow, as long as you don't blow a limb you are golden.

I sold an AR for a bow and it was up there with one of my worst decisions ever. The gun literally raised in value while the bowtech experience i purchased was worth less than half after a year. Great bow, one of the best but i learned a hard lesson. Bows are like cars in the way they depreciate. Guns hold their value especially in this day and age. Save up for a used pro series bow and you can get a 2 year old top of the line bow for less than $500.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Keep the AR. Buy a used bow? Getting back into archery hunting, that was my approach. I picked up a new to me lightly used Reign 6 for less than half what it would cost retail. Being left handed it took awhile for the right combination of bow and price to come up. But I kept my mind open to many different brands and models and just waited for a good bow and price to show up. Have patience when shopping used and the right deal will surface.

Being an off road riding/racing dirt bike rider, I have a qualifying question when I get newbikeitis. Will it make me faster and or a better rider? Answer is inevitably "no". If my bike isn't a maintenance/repair needing time suck, and the answer to that question is "no", I end up saving myself thousands of dollars every couple years. Has worked for hunting rifles too. I can't seem to justify adding new rifles when my Dad's hand me down 1980's Remington 700 30.06 is subject to the same reasoning. Far more than adequate for its purpose.

Of course the latter is if money isn't available to burn! When the time is right and my finances allow it, time for a new toy!

I just went back to a 2007 guardian that was like new and so far it has shot much better than my other slightly newer bow that I had used for 6 or 7 years. I loved the way it looked but loved the way it shoots and how silent it is. Keep that bow, as long as you don't blow a limb you are golden.

Yes. I know they do not make limbs for it anymore. What I do at the end of the bow season is back the limbs off. In the old days you would back the limbs off the riser so the limbs would not set. Also this year I took it apart and alternated each limb crosswise.

From what I understand the Guardian is still the quietest bow on the market. So unless it breaks , I'll keep using it.

S.Clancy

WKR
All I've ever bought is used bows. Haven't had a problem yet. I got a 2 yr old Hoyt for 1/3 its original MSRP

Nope, don't sell it unless you have a bunch more. If you do have a bunch wait until the inevitable ban then trade one for 2 bows .

If I didn't have an AR but did have a bow I would sell my bow to buy one.

CHAD PEZZLE

Lil-Rokslider
Depending on the market/location, AR prices are in the toilet. Unless it's a top tier complete rifle you'll get pennies for it. Here in California the market is saturated with used bargain rifles for under $500.

I think you'd be surprised at what someone would actually pay you for the rifle, it's probably a lot less than you think it's worth.

Like the others have said pinch some pennies and keep the rifle.