Seems to be a good year on CO public land

WTFJohn

WKR
Steamboat, Flat Tops, San Juans, if anyone thinks that Colorado is a secret..

47 replies, 3,000+ views on this one thread. You're proving his point. Once someone starts googling, all this shit is served up on a platter for them by connecting about 3 dots. It is literally changing the way areas are (or are not) able to be hunted. Much better terms would be SW CO, west CO, N CO, south central CO, etc...

I used to help random guys out that I met in the woods, resident or not. Maybe a tip or two on where to start looking, or spotting for a shot, or helping pack out meat. Not anymore, there seems to be a growing contingent (especially on here) that doesn't seem to have any respect for the negative impact their words (written or spoken) have on an area, and even worse are arrogant in proclaiming that it doesn't matter.

To OP, congrats to your buddy. Hopefully there is room for a few more trucks at all the trailheads in that area.

He said it was his buddy’s first elk, I am sure it was pretty exciting for him. Not everyone has to get a 300 to enjoy the hunt. For some it’s about the experience.

Shawn

I just meant...is one young bull a sign of any general trend? Dudes kill mature 6 points on OTC every year. I would need to see data to make any sweeping conclusions.

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
To OP, congrats to your buddy. Hopefully there is room for a few more trucks at all the trailheads in that area.
There is not…

I’ll give a tip to all of those that do drag up this thread, now or in the future and want to ask how it is… I counted 54 vehicles at and spilling out of one particular trailhead up there (a formerly comparatively quiet one I might add). Only about 5 of which were obvious non-hunting recreationists. I swung by Walmart later that afternoon, where I counted 49.
So to all those reading this and thinking about it, as of Sept 2022, this area is quite literally busier than the local Walmart. This is the reality of the situation. Prepare yourself. Congrats again to all on their hard earned success and happy hunting!