Seekins precision element groups?

cktraider

FNG
It's with some buddies who are pros so 5 shot groups and cleaned each time. Seekins actually got back to me in less than 10 min via email. Sounds like they want 60-70 rounds down before we send it back. Only have 34 rnds down so far.

It's with some buddies who are pros so 5 shot groups and cleaned each time. Seekins actually got back to me in less than 10 min via email. Sounds like they want 60-70 rounds down before we send it back. Only have 34 rnds down so far.
Seekins customer service kicks A$$. I sent one back for something that ended up being a bad scope ring but they went through everything anyway and returned it with no charge.

Last edited:

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the process of sending one back at the moment. Right at 100 down the barrel. 147 eld-m from Hornady & Copper Creek & Berger 156's. It's 1-1.5" at 100. They have been great to work with. I'm also not getting the MV's that I thought I would even out of a short barrel. I'm assuming something is "off". They are going to make it right.

I'd stop cleaning it every time.
Seekins rifles do not require break in cleaning. I still do mine anyway after the first range day (40 rounds) with copper cleaner, rod and bore guide but there was almost no copper. My Tikka and Firerce rifles definitely held copper. I have not cleaned my Seekins 6.5 PRC, 7 PRC or my competition 6CM PH2 since that first day. So far they are doing fantastic! I do want to get a bore scope and check them out.

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
Not the element but my PH2 6CM is the most accurate gun I own. It makes me look like a far better shoter than I actually am and runs circles around my custom builds that cost 4x as much.... It has shot 4 different factory loads now remarkably well, including berger VLDs, Berger Extreme Hunters, Hornady ELDM and Hornady ELDX. Running it with a Scythe-Ti. I'm up to roughly 80 rounds through it and never cleaned the rifle. It shots way too good to screw with!

Maybe it's the Seekins, maybe it's the inherent characteristics of the 6CM, or maybe its both. Regardless, Seekins has made me a fan for life by the quality and accuracy of a rifle at this price point.

Last edited:

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Seekins Element in 6.5 PRC but it isn't grouping well with the Hornaday 143 ELDX ( 1 1/4 in @ 100 yds) or Terminal Ascent 130 gr Federal ( 1 1/2 in @ 100 yds). Has been cleaned after each session.

Should I try something else first or contact Seekins?
I have the same rifle, tried a pile of different ammo but could not get better than 1-1.5" groups. Called Seekins and they recommend factory Hornady ammo, the 143ELD-X and 147ELD-M. Sent the gun to them and they shot a sub 0.5" group with the ELD-M and sent me the target. Long story short, the Element for me is very unforgiving and if I don't do my part perfectly, I dont get ultra tight groups.

The gun is more than capable of pinpoint accuracy, at times I am not.

I am a Seekins fan for life after my experience with them.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I have the same rifle, tried a pile of different ammo but could not get better than 1-1.5" groups. Called Seekins and they recommend factory Hornady ammo, the 143ELD-X and 147ELD-M. Sent the gun to them and they shot a sub 0.5" group with the ELD-M and sent me the target. Long story short, the Element for me is very unforgiving and if I don't do my part perfectly, I dont get ultra tight groups.

The gun is more than capable of pinpoint accuracy, at times I am not.

I am a Seekins fan for life after my experience with them.
Out of curiosity how many rounds were in that .5" group they sent you?

-J

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
It is insane to me that we could spend 70 bucks shipping rifles back and forth, and blow 100 bucks of employee time between processing and shipping, but then shoot a statistically insignificant 3 round group. It can't possibly be to save 4 bucks (5 rounds, better not great) or 14 bucks (10 rounds, actually significant). Drives me positively batty.

-J

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
It is insane to me that we could spend 70 bucks shipping rifles back and forth, and blow 100 bucks of employee time between processing and shipping, but then shoot a statistically insignificant 3 round group. It can't possibly be to save 4 bucks (5 rounds, better not great) or 14 bucks (10 rounds, actually significant). Drives me positively batty.

-J
I understand the arguement...but I do wonder how many guns they get back from dum dums like me who buy a new rifle, shoot it like shit, blame the rifle, the scope, the rings and the ammo before ever looking in the mirror.

They do a full inspection before shooting to verify that there is no defects as well. It is worth a phone call to them to have them explain the process they go through to verify their quality on a returned rifle, I would guess you'd come away from that conversation impressed.

Jmort1754

WKR
I understand the arguement...but I do wonder how many guns they get back from dum dums like me who buy a new rifle, shoot it like shit, blame the rifle, the scope, the rings and the ammo before ever looking in the mirror.

They do a full inspection before shooting to verify that there is no defects as well. It is worth a phone call to them to have them explain the process they go through to verify their quality on a returned rifle, I would guess you'd come away from that conversation impressed.
I made a post about this, so many people bad mouth gun manufacturers for not making their guarantees and then when it comes down to it they aren't capable of shooting the sub moa group anyway.

My element is a 6.5cm. I've not shot a bunch of groups with it but 3 shot groups have been 1/2moa and 10 shot groups have been been sub-moa. Have shot sub-moa groups on steel out to 700yds with mine. I have 300 rounds on it now and velocity settled in after only about 40. I cleaned the barrel before I fired a shot and haven't touched it since.

Reactions: NSI
I had 2 revs of early 300 WM havaks. One that was clearly faulty and they warrantied it after having a detailed discussion with me about what would be acceptable to me. At the time I believe I told them i was looking for 0.75 MOA 5 shot groups with 215 or 200.20x bergers or 212 ELDx. They asked me to send ammo so I sent a box of berger factory 215s.

They sent me 3 tight 3 round groups shot with federal GMM 190 SMK (Which isn't a remotely interesting ammo choice for such a rifle) and a 4 round 0.75" group show with the berger ammo. IIRC, they shot 12 rounds of the berger ammo because there were 8 remaining when they sent me the gun. I tried for a while but never could get it to shoot the bullets I wanted to shoot consistently enough to be satisfied. I'm confident that had I called them up and told them i'm still not satisfied, they'd have thrown another barrel on for me. I was tired of wasting time and $ at the range though and instead had it rebarreled with a bartlein. The bartlein shot anything I put through it well. After that when they came out with their new bolt design, i sent the rifle in for a bolt swap and it came back with an entirely new action, still shoots great and that new action/bolt was a big upgrade! Cant believe how much $ they must have ate to do all those "bolt upgrades"! Good company IMO and still probably the first 700 pattern factory rifle id consider/recommend despite my less than great rifle performance.

If they'd get rid of the spiral fluting and just make same weight with smaller contours I'd be even more interested in them and I wouldn't be surprised if they got even more consistently high performance.

Last edited:

seand

WKR
I made a post about this, so many people bad mouth gun manufacturers for not making their guarantees and then when it comes down to it they aren't capable of shooting the sub moa group anyway.
I’ve never had a complaint about accuracy, mine hammers.

My complaint is it took them 5 months to get back to me about a magazine feeding issue.

Good to hear others rave about their customer service, not sure how I got unlucky.

Jmort1754

WKR
I’ve never had a complaint about accuracy, mine hammers.

My complaint is it took them 5 months to get back to me about a magazine feeding issue.

Good to hear others rave about their customer service, not sure how I got unlucky.
Honestly, I contacted them multiple times initially about a mag issue, after I got through the first time they then became much better

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I know they are growing and sometimes you cant get them on the phone. That said, any time I had a question when purchasing, asking about what rings fits what scope, etc, they have been super helpful. If you shoot them an email I typically got a response within 24hrs. Their customer service is top notch. That's refreshing these days.

-J

Even a company that stands behind product as well as seekins is happy to cherry pick and wipe their hands of any warranty claims.

Reactions: NSI