Seekins PH2 re-barrel weight savings?

Marcjr47

FNG
Me personally I would go through Seekins. Now, I do not own a Seekins…. Yet…. But I find myself in the same debate for my first purchase of one. The problem for me is finding either one in a 6.5prc in west Michigan or shipped to my ffl. Everything seems to be back ordered.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Me personally I would go through Seekins. Now, I do not own a Seekins…. Yet…. But I find myself in the same debate for my first purchase of one. The problem for me is finding either one in a 6.5prc in west Michigan or shipped to my ffl. Everything seems to be back ordered.
Theres at least 3 of them on gunbroker.

Marcjr47

FNG
I did see that, the desert camo one is the one I want too lol. He won’t ship to a residential ffl unfortunately.

OP
rileybassman
Well not a rebarrel, but I had a local smith cut my PH2 to 22".

Didn't shave off a ton of weight, but it did trim off some. Much handier setup! He was able to cut it to 9/16".

Weight is with magazine and rail.

lHp9PKth.jpg

ContTUXh.jpg

Q83EwKlh.jpg

u49dJxrh.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Been talking to a gunsmith about cutting and threading the ph2. After seeing rileybassman’s rifle above, going to do it. 26” barrel and a can is loooong

OP
rileybassman
Been talking to a gunsmith about cutting and threading the ph2. After seeing rileybassman’s rifle above, going to do it. 26” barrel and a can is loooong
Where in MT are you at? I used Hoover Precision in Columbia Falls and he was great!

Edit - this is what I ordered based off his recommendation - he had one in shop he sizes to.

OP
rileybassman
Absolutely - his name is Eric - PM me if you need contact info. Turn around was under a week.

OP
rileybassman
Ok so final update - long story short, we opted to send to seekins for an actual re-barrel - don’t recommend trying to cut into the PH2 flutes - they are so deep that concentric threads are tough.

But the interesting facts - the re-barrel was with a 7PRC element barrel for $550.

It saves a decent amount of weight - the first pic was a 22” cut PH2 barrel - the second is with a 22” element re-barrel on the PH2 action. Definitely shaves weight going to the lighter profile barrel.

22” cut PH2 profile
TWi7kYUh.jpg

22” re-barreled element contour on PH2 action
C2qFlVth.jpg

With stock pack and Nx8 4-32 with NF mediums:
UADjKdOh.jpg

jjz7CAih.jpg

GDj8riyh.jpg

Last edited: