Seek Outside Silex

Fulton

FNG
@Superdoo what kind of weather?

In general I’ve been retightening lines about 1-2 hours after setup, especially if it gets some warm temps or rain. Are your “peaks” sufficiently spaced apart and fabric between looks pretty tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superdoo

WKR
@Superdoo what kind of weather?

In general I’ve been retightening lines about 1-2 hours after setup, especially if it gets some warm temps or rain. Are your “peaks” sufficiently spaced apart and fabric between looks pretty tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. What really makes me wonder is the fact that I’m pitching an hour before sundown so the temps are dropping rather than rising.
The weather has been extremely mild too.

Attachments

• A08B9A6A-0548-48EF-B2AC-DD7E3FEA45ED.jpeg
    A08B9A6A-0548-48EF-B2AC-DD7E3FEA45ED.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 72
  • F52C4502-2278-48FC-BFDF-26C404A40039.jpeg
    F52C4502-2278-48FC-BFDF-26C404A40039.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 72
Yes. What really makes me wonder is the fact that I’m pitching an hour before sundown so the temps are dropping rather than rising.
Looks like a good pitch, I've found that using cordage on my peaks significantly helps keep my Ridgeline taught and allows me to really crank down on my linelocs. I'm no expert but I usually re-tension once after initial setup and that is it, it stays drum tight for me after that. Granted, if I get heavy rain or snow I may have to raise my poles slightly to re-tension.... I've spent alot of time trying to get this shelter pitched tight and now think I have it figured out but it requires me staking out my 4 corners very tight (while still using setback on triple seam panels) when I do this, and insert my poles and raise them until tight and then stake out my peak cordage and pull tight so I have zero sag in my Ridgeline. I can then pull my triple seam linelocs tight and i have zero ripples in the fabric. Not sure if that helps but it works well for me?

OP
RockChucker30

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Get your stakes closer to the doors by taking up some slack at the lineloc on the pole pocket. You may need to make your stakeloop in the cordage a bit smaller. Small changes on that arrangement make a lot of difference in getting tension across the doors and ridgeline.