Seek Outside Guardian floorless shelter review ***updated 1/22/23***

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
This spring I was fortunate enough to have a Seek Outside Guardian sent my way for testing and a review. It arrived in time to use on a few spring bear hunts in what has been an above average wet spring. I own and heavily use a Cimarron and a Silex and am curious how the Guardian will fit into this lineup. So far I am impressed on the interior space as well as the guy-outs and ample stake points. I'll be using this throughout the summer season with a written review following the testing.

***Update*** Seek Outside Guardian Review

Here are a few photos of it pitched.

P1000266small.JPG
P1000281small.JPG
P1000288small.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
That valley in the ridgeline looks like a great spot for condensation to start dripping.
Maybe....but that's what the testing is for. The Silex has a similar ridgeline without any issues and so far the Guardian hasn't shown any signs of it either.

dlafreni

FNG
Been considering this shelter for this upcoming season. Just wondering how your testing is going?

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been considering this shelter for this upcoming season. Just wondering how your testing is going?
It's been going great. I've spent some time in the shelter in wet weather and now it's turning a little more warm and buggy. So far all is normal. Pitching is simple and adjusting for ventilation is quick and easy. There is lots of room and the shelter is really stable in wind with the guy-outs and stake loops.

I'm bout to order up a tent for the up coming elk season here in Idaho. And I have been going back and forth between the guardian and the Cimarron. If you were to choice a tent for 2 people, a stove in the future and gear inside. What tent would you go with??

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider
I'm bout to order up a tent for the up coming elk season here in Idaho. And I have been going back and forth between the guardian and the Cimarron. If you were to choice a tent for 2 people, a stove in the future and gear inside. What tent would you go with??

Either Cimarron or even a Redcliff to offer more room for drying clothes and for firewood. I have a Guardian on order to use without a stove for a lighter setup and the Redcliff for when we are expecting weather.

Okay that's what I was kinda thinking. I think the redcliff will be a bit big specially when im running solo. Just found a few different Cimarrons on the classified section so will have to get one bought up.

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been spending a ton of time in this shelter this summer and I am impressed. My review is in the works, but if you are on the fence about ordering one... do it now before the season gets any closer. I haven't found any issues in the rain, bugs, or heat. Its been very versatile in meeting my needs this season and will be in my pack most of the fall.

IMG_5945.jpg

uc3kimber

FNG
Interested in how the tent works for you this season, I need to upgrade to something better. Any updates so far would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I for one appreciate reviews that take a long time to write, it means you actually tested this shelter in a variety of conditions… if someone gets a shelter and writes a review a week later, it generally means the outcome was predetermined, and not a meaningful review… that’s a really good trend I see from the staff on this site… if I’m that impatient, it makes sense to just buy the shelter and test it myself…

I am looking forward to the review, but am also glad it’s not done already 👍