Sedona AZ

Marley33

FNG
Just booked a family vacation for mid January. Looking for a to do list for an outdoor oriented family. Thanks in advance!

Macintosh

WKR
My wife and I spent a week there several years ago after visiting friends in Flagstaff. Beautiful area, and if your wife (or you?) is into shopping, crystals, new-age mysticism, shopping, or energy vortexes, you will be in heaven. Did I mention shopping?
I was not at all comfortable there. We did some fun hikes off the canyon north of town. Lots of mtb trails, even if you arent into biking it could be a worthy rental. Im not sure, but I bet theres good 4x4 roads in the area.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Are you guys cyclists? The mountain biking there is really good.
And climbing. Flag is a short drive up the road. Meteor Crater and Wupatki Natl Monument are both just outside flag. Williams isn't far and has the train. Not sure what the train schedule is. Jerome isn’t far away. Montezuma’s castle is under an hour away.

Last edited:
I live in AZ and have been there (and the general Verde Valley area a lot).

Kind of depends on what you're looking to do and how long you have there. If you want to just immerse yourself in beautiful scenery and relax, it's great for that. If you want to do a lot of hiking or mountain biking and visit creeks and water pools it's also good for that too.

Nearby points of interest include Jerome, AZ, an interesting old town, Montezuma's Castle, an impressive Indian ruin, Oak Creek Canyon, Sycamore Canyon, Fossil Creek, as well as the town of Flagstaff, which has an observatory, Walnut Canyon (a land island Indian fortress), lava tube, meteor impact, Ski mountain, etc.

archp625

WKR
I'm not religious but I found the Chapel of Holy Cross to be pretty scenic. Short hike up to it or you can pay a guy to hop of a gold cart. The views are pretty awesome. Other than that, shopping for some odd things. I would go up to Flagstaff. If you do, make sure you drive 89A. There is some good fishing along the road.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
you can go to crystal shops. I think there's a brewery there too. Id probably avoid Sedona and just go to Flagstaff or Williams.