SecureIt Biometric Gun Safes - Review Updated July 2024

IDVortex

WKR
I'm over 35, so there's a chance I am elected POTUS. Just a chance.

I've been told SecureIt has no universal code.
I'll have to do more research of them, I actually like the idea, especially considering my wife and I live in a apartment, doesn't take as much space as my.safe, plus easier to move.

It's great! I think I got an email that they have a few sales/coupons that can be stacked right now.
I think that fast box 20 is the answer to my suppressed pistol safe. Have any experience with it? Looks like it could either be laid on its side or a magnet put to hold the pistol vertical.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I think that fast box 20 is the answer to my suppressed pistol safe. Have any experience with it? Looks like it could either be laid on its side or a magnet put to hold the pistol vertical.
I do not. It looks like you could pay it on the side and use it, I don't think the pistol pegs and bin would work on the louvers though. Id probably try to run a self rapper through the pistol pegs though just to see.

But if it's a suppressed pistol, I don't think the pegs would be the answer.

I do not. It looks like you could pay it on the side and use it, I don't think the pistol pegs and bin would work on the louvers though. Id probably try to run a self rapper through the pistol pegs though just to see.

But if it's a suppressed pistol, I don't think the pegs would be the answer.
Yea pegs wouldn’t work and likely wouldn’t be room for any other attachments but at $300 less than any other suppressed pistol safe, worth a try. Have one on the way, will update.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I’ve watched too many of LPL’s videos to feel confident in any current biometric options - especially the white label variety used by small companies like this. If you’re living without children, not likely a concern.

-J

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I’ve watched too many of LPL’s videos to feel confident in any current biometric options - especially the white label variety used by small companies like this. If you’re living without children, not likely a concern.

-J
What is LPL?

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had one for a few months. Only really gripe is the 6 digit key pad. Prefer a full 10 for ease of making / remembering a a passcode

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I’ve had one for a few months. Only really gripe is the 6 digit key pad. Prefer a full 10 for ease of making / remembering a a passcode
It annoyed me at first but I like it better now because the buttons are large and easier to find.

It did take me a half a day's thought to come up with something though.

IW17

Lil-Rokslider
So a question for those in the know. I like the new feature of the back lit keypad. In the review it say the light comes on after the first button is pushed. Is there anyway to set it up where the first button push has no function other than "waking it up" so to speak? I could see losing valuable time in a high stress situation by hitting the wrong first button in the dark.

NeonBrown

FNG
This is mildly interesting to me. On the one hand it's much lighter and cheaper than a traditional safe. But on the other, those same factors are cons when considering secure storage...no fire resistance, could potentially be pryed open etc...

I may actually consider one for ammo/supply storage, and I can certainly see the use case for those in apartments

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
So a question for those in the know. I like the new feature of the back lit keypad. In the review it say the light comes on after the first button is pushed. Is there anyway to set it up where the first button push has no function other than "waking it up" so to speak? I could see losing valuable time in a high stress situation by hitting the wrong first button in the dark.
I don't believe so, but I will find out. My "pro tip" is to pick a corner button for your first number because the keypad is raised from the door face. Find the corner with your thumb, slide, puch first combo button.

This is mildly interesting to me. On the one hand it's much lighter and cheaper than a traditional safe. But on the other, those same factors are cons when considering secure storage...no fire resistance, could potentially be pryed open etc...

I may actually consider one for ammo/supply storage, and I can certainly see the use case for those in apartments
I agree on the fire resistance.

I disagree on the pry it open part in the sense that anythign south of $XX,XXX is breachable in a few minutes. Securing this, or any other "safe" to the wall, and then layering cabinetry around it will buy you a few more minutes, but will not be difficult to defeat. I think what consumer "safes" provide is prevention from curious hands, delaying unprepared burglars, and promote safer handling of firearms by owners.

NeonBrown

FNG
I don't believe so, but I will find out. My "pro tip" is to pick a corner button for your first number because the keypad is raised from the door face. Find the corner with your thumb, slide, puch first combo button.

I disagree on the pry it open part in the sense that anythign south of $XX,XXX is breachable in a few minutes. Securing this, or any other "safe" to the wall, and then layering cabinetry around it will buy you a few more minutes, but will not be difficult to defeat. I think what consumer "safes" provide is prevention from curious hands, delaying unprepared burglars, and promote safer handling of firearms by owners.
Well said, agreed

Hnthrdr

WKR

True, anything short of a vault door set in masonry is very defeatable with little to no skill and a few basic tools