SD Pheasants with Photos Report

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
Okay so you've been in LOCKDOWN all summer and are getting anxious to stretch your legs and run your dogs. Here is your opportunity to be afield with your best hunting buddies. I've had a few guys from here contact me for details so figured I put something up.

This pheasant season will be excellent! I just came back from a Walleye fishing trip at my house. I saw lots of pheasants in the fields, along roadways and crowing off the river. Some crops are still standing in the fields from last fall. Many fields either got harvested late and some not at all due to wet field conditions. This resulted in lower harvest numbers so more birds are held over for this coming season. Favorable hatch conditions so far will result in lots of new birds this year. I anticipate a very good hunting season.

For this coming South Dakota pheasant hunting season I have the following dates available:

October 16-20 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

October 21-25 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

November 25-29 or November 27-December 1 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

Various flexible dates during December.

PM me here for phone number to answer questions and make reservations. Thanks!

OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
October 16-20 ---- 4 spots available -- $450 per person ***Two reserved

October 21-25 ---- 2 spots available -- $450 per person ***Four reserved

November 25-29 or November 27-December 1 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

Thanks for looking.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
Where in SD, and what all does the $450 cover? Also, is this game farm, wild birds, public land etc?

OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
Central part of South Dakota

$450 is for 5 nights lodging per person

It's set up for guys who are pretty self sufficient who have dogs and don't need to be guided.

Public land unless you knock on some doors for permission. Not needed though, public land is abundant with all wild birds and excellent hunting. I spend 30 days there and rarely hunt the same place twice.

I can furnish numerous references you can contact about my place. I have mostly repeat guys coming every year. They love coming here.

Send me a PM so I can give you my phone number and answer any questions. Dates are starting to fill in just a couple days after posting.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2486.JPG
    IMG_2486.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 44
OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider

October 21-25 ---- FULL

December has flexible availability.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
October 16-20 ---- FULL

October 21-25 ---- FULL

November 27-Dec 1 ---- FULL

December dates are open and flexible. Keep in mind that December is excellent hunting as you will see lots of birds. Majority of crops will be out of the fields.

Thanks again for looking.

Last edited:
OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
I just returned from hunting 30 days in South Dakota. What a spectacular season! Guys saw and shot at LOTS of roosters. Crops were harvested at a high rate and are finishing up now.

There was snow and cold a few days around the October 23rd. I arrived the 25th to knee deep drifts and muddy roads. No matter, got right to putting birds in my vest. Washed my truck around November 5th and it stayed pretty clean for the rest of my stay. We had nice weather with no precipitation for the duration which was perfect. A few windy days but that's fine for pheasant hunting.

I hunted 100% public land. I shot my limit of three roosters every day for the 30 days I hunted. Don't need to rely on private land to have excellent hunting.

We shot several Sharptails this season which was a nice bonus. I saw around 60 one day killing three. Got into them a few times which was really fun. Guys were seeing them regularly.

Last edited:

KurtR

WKR
we have an amazing amount of sharptails out west this year. If we can have a good winter bird numbers are going to be great

Looks like great hunting! Headed back to SD next week for the second part of my license. Hopefully you left some birds out there for the rest of us lol.

October 21-25 ---- 2 spots available -- $450 per person ***Four reserved

Thanks for looking.
are these private land hunts? What does 2021 look like?

OP
dukxdog

dukxdog

Lil-Rokslider
We don't rely on private land access or pay to hunt any properties. Public land has excellent hunting available. I have shot my three bird daily limit average for the past three years.

2020 season has been fantastic. With the easy winter thus far I expect 2021 will be super as well provided no catastrophic weather events occur.