Scout to Hunt glitching

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
I checked my app this week and it wouldn’t load. Restarted my phone, app still wouldn’t load. Deleted app and re-downloaded. Now it loads but all my waypoints are gone. Customer service says there’s a bug in the new software release and they will fix it ‘soon’.

If you use Scout To Hunt, and have a hunt this week, you may need a backup mapping software.

On the plus side, customer service response time was pretty good. I just hope they can get a fix out there before my elk hunt next month.

If you have enough time and it's feasible to transfer your waypoints to another platform, I would just transfer all the info to onX and be done. I've been a heavy user of onX in multiple Western states and it has done me well. Yeah, it's like everything in life, not perfect, but they do a good job with software upgrades and fixing glitches in their system. From my limited customer service interaction they have always done right by me.

OP
M

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve thought about doing that very thing. We’ll see if this bug fix can be out in a reasonable amount of time. Mostly, I wanted to alert anyone else using StH that they are having issues and to check your app before heading out.

OP
M

madtinker

Lil-Rokslider
Update: support says the glitch is fixed, but I still can’t see any of my markers. And at some point they discontinued offline maps for the free version without warning. They gave me a code for a free premium membership for a year, but I’m going to switch to OnX. Price difference is five bucks a year, and I’m cheesed off at StH right now.