Score...? Idk.

Big ram! Great mass and decent length. Close to 180??? Looks like he might be young but can't tell for sure off the photo what are annuli and what are false.

OP
Fetty Wapiti

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks man. I have a few more pics, that may be better. I was thinking 180+. He got taken by a hunter that season. The guy never measured him. I have some harvest pics but not mine to share unfortunately.

svivian

WKR
Thanks man. I have a few more pics, that may be better. I was thinking 180+. He got taken by a hunter that season. The guy never measured him. I have some harvest pics but not mine to share unfortunately.
He should have been scored when the sheep was reported to the CPW

OP
Fetty Wapiti

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
They don't take every measurement. And I honestly question their measurements on the website. Horn length was 37 if you average right and left. D1 was 16"

svivian

WKR
They don't take every measurement. And I honestly question their measurements on the website. Horn length was 37 if you average right and left. D1 was 16"
Hmmm they must be making up scores on the harvest sheets.... also if you have measurements then you should know the score.

Maybe im confused

OP
Fetty Wapiti

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm they must be making up scores on the harvest sheets.... also if you have measurements then you should know the score.

Maybe im confused
I have been on multiple check ins and the kids usually just ball park it... kind of a shame. They only take d1, length, and spread btw so you can't get a score with out d2 d3 d4. Those are some of the most critical measurements.

svivian

WKR
I have been on multiple check ins and the kids usually just ball park it... kind of a shame. They only take d1, length, and spread btw so you can't get a score with out d2 d3 d4. Those are some of the most critical measurements.
I see my misunderstanding. I thought you were saying they didnt take any measurements at all.

svivian

WKR
Oh they take scores. Just not all of them. Kinda makes it hard to guess a gross score
yeah ive been to several myself and going on another hunt this fall helping a buddy. In regards to the scoring thing, im going to bow out as our opinions are going to be different on the matter.

Nice sheep though!

OP
Fetty Wapiti

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
yeah ive been to several myself and going on another hunt this fall helping a buddy. In regards to the scoring thing, im going to bow out as our opinions are going to be different on the matter.

Nice sheep though!
Good luck. I will be chasing them in wyoming this year. Hope you connect.

Length = 37" per OP #3
Circumference 1 = 16" per OP #3
C2 = 15-5/8'
C3 = 14"
C4 = 9"

Total = 91-5/8" x 2 = 183-2/8". Still say he is around 180" based on your measurements, 60 day shrinkage, etc.

I based my C2, C3 and C4 estimates off a P&Y official score sheet from a slightly smaller ram that I arrowed in CO (Georgetown) in 1984.

That one pictured is a nice CO ram!!

RAB3

FNG
Total noob here. Initial guess was 186” based on 40” length and 16” bases. Learning the length is 37”, I’ll drop down to 180”.

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
Total noob here too, but after desert sheep hunting last year I'd say low to mid 70's. I feel like most 80's I've seen carry more mass or past their eye with the curl. I almost feel like an 80's ram is at that level of almost unreal looking and not second guessing.