Scope for a .17 HMR

Samson7x

WKR
I'd PM you but I don't think I'm able to since I'm new.

Great to hear you've been happy it with the Credo but..."for the most part" makes me a little weary. What other scopes do you have? You mention CA in the Credo so I'm just curious what scopes you are comparing the Credo to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, did not receive a PM but I’ll answer here.

The only scopes I’ve had experience with in this price range are an LRHS, SWFA 3-15, sig tango4, Burris xtr ll. They are all decent scopes but in my opinion the LRHS edges them all out. I’d definitely pass on the sig though. Sold all but the LRHS And now trying the credo. My higher end stuff that I’m currently using is S&B, NF, and mk5 which are obviously superior.

CA is definitely present but only really noticeable while shooting for groups.

Im being hyper critical so you know what to expect. Do any dealers around you carry them? Try to get your hands on one in person. For a plinker, it’s perfect. I didn’t want to spend S&B money on a 17 I’ll use for armadillos and maybe a coyote if the opportunity presents itself.

OP
DG75

DG75

FNG
Sorry, did not receive a PM but I’ll answer here.

The only scopes I’ve had experience with in this price range are an LRHS, SWFA 3-15, sig tango4, Burris xtr ll. They are all decent scopes but in my opinion the LRHS edges them all out. I’d definitely pass on the sig though. Sold all but the LRHS And now trying the credo. My higher end stuff that I’m currently using is S&B, NF, and mk5 which are obviously superior.

CA is definitely present but only really noticeable while shooting for groups.

Im being hyper critical so you know what to expect. Do any dealers around you carry them? Try to get your hands on one in person. For a plinker, it’s perfect. I didn’t want to spend S&B money on a 17 I’ll use for armadillos and maybe a coyote if the opportunity presents itself.
Thank you for this! I would have PM’d but not sure I could. I appreciate the candid advice.

I’ll double check that no one around has them but pretty sure it would be a long ride.

I didn’t want to spend S&B money on a 17 I’ll use for armadillos and maybe a coyote if the opportunity presents itself.
Exactly…

OP
DG75

DG75

FNG
Hey everyone thanks for the replies. I ended up scoring a Trijicon 2.5-15X42 Credo HX off the classifieds. Very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
I put a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 varmint hunters on mine, works fine for plinking and anything within 200 yards.
I have one of these sitting around with a B&C reticle on it... wish I had the varmint hunter reticle. I think I'll try it anyway. Are you still appy with it on your 17?

Mildot

FNG
Late to the party but I have [3] of the Tract 22 Fire 4-12x40's and love them. They replaced the Leupold 3-9 EFR's I had on three rimfires.

Here is a photo of my CZ 457 varmint in .22lr wearing one.

Attachments

• CZ 457 Varmint 22LR.JPG
    CZ 457 Varmint 22LR.JPG
    460 KB · Views: 13
OP
DG75

DG75

FNG
It's been awhile. I ended up putting on a Leupold VX- Freedom 3x9 on my .17. The Trijicon was over kill and is now on my .308 Benelli Lupo

It's been awhile. I ended up putting on a Leupold VX- Freedom 3x9 on my .17. The Trijicon was over kill and is now on my .308 Benelli Lupo
I have the 4-12x on mine currently, but I don’t care for it, so I’m putting a swfa 3-15x on my CZ, should be a perfect match for rat killing

Fritz D

FNG
OP, as an aside, I had a CZ in 17 HMR that was just a sweetie? I used to be able to dust clay pigeons with the thing out to 200-250 yards. Pretty impressive for a riimfire?
Scope on mine was an old Vari-X 2? 4.5-14.

I plan to buy a scope this year for my new Bergara .17HMR but for now I had a fixed 4 off an old .22 I gave to my kiddos. I have 5 kids 8 to 14 and I want them starting with Iron Sites so I threw that fixed 4 on mine for now.
Hoping to use on the trapline, for some varmints, etc.