Scope Evaluation Donation

Shraggs

WKR
Is there a range of scope features desired for donation?

Pretty sure a leupold 2-7x33 duplex makes no sense.

Power, objective size, advertised as dialing capable, what about bdc reticle, out of production models, etc?

Nothing definitive.
To be able to afford an Atacr for my main hunting rifle a need something more reasonably priced for the 6.5.
Could do nx8 on both or an Atacr and?
I'm not a power of glass fiend but the swfa10x just didn't do it for me.
As if anyone can ever get an sfwa but how is the swfa 5-25 hd?

Athlon offers a great Mil discount but that isn't worth nothing if if failed.

To be able to afford an Atacr for my main hunting rifle a need something more reasonably priced for the 6.5.
Could do nx8 on both or an Atacr and?
I'm not a power of glass fiend but the swfa10x just didn't do it for me.
As if anyone can ever get an sfwa but how is the swfa 5-25 hd?

Athlon offers a great Mil discount but that isn't worth nothing if if failed.
If it helps you meet your needs, NF also offers Military/LE/FR discount, as does Bushnell. Formidilosus can comment further on his experiences with and or knowledge of the Bushnells, but I've had nothing but great experiences with the Bushnell Elite Tactical line. Disappointed that they discontinued the 3-12 LRHS/LRST, but it looks like you're looking for a higher X range unit anyway. Figured I'd mention the Bushnells because they might offer something in that line that you can pick up for a good price that appeals to what you're looking for. Not so long ago I picked up a DMR 3.5-21 from them off eBay for around $650 or so, IIRC. Maybe one of the better values I ever found on a reliable optic.

If it helps you meet your needs, NF also offers Military/LE/FR discount, as does Bushnell. Formidilosus can comment further on his experiences with and or knowledge of the Bushnells, but I've had nothing but great experiences with the Bushnell Elite Tactical line. Disappointed that they discontinued the 3-12 LRHS/LRST, but it looks like you're looking for a higher X range unit anyway. Figured I'd mention the Bushnells because they might offer something in that line that you can pick up for a good price that appeals to what you're looking for. Not so long ago I picked up a DMR 3.5-21 from them off eBay for around $650 or so, IIRC. Maybe one of the better values I ever found on a reliable optic.
The NF Mil program they put you in build to order.
So a 12-18 month wait.

I figured you had likely checked it out. I used it in the past and didn't wait more than 8-10 weeks, but not sure how things are moving along these days.
Last July they quoted 18 months for a 4-32 nx8
So I probably depends on dealer orders and what model they are in production for.

Last July they quoted 18 months for a 4-32 nx8
So I probably depends on dealer orders and what model they are in production for.
I apologize for clogging up the thread with information that pertains to one or only a few individuals, but I haven't posted enough, so no PM's for me.

Just checked with a friend of mine who recently received an NX8 2.5-20 through the program; he stated he waited 8 weeks from initial order. I'm sure a lot of variables go into time to fulfill orders these days, but it's one example.

I'm looking forward to spending some time with that scope myself, as it's been on my radar since they came out.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Lots of guys are PMing me to drop this scope or that scope. We will try to get to as many as we can as fast as we can. This is an expensive undertaking, we don't just have to get scopes. We also go through a MINIMUM of 50 rounds of .308 a test. So please be patient.

Last edited: