Scope Considerations For Newer Shooter?

My daughter is interested in going hunting this year. She has basic firearms handling skills, but is not a very experienced shooter. I have a rifle I am setting up for her, and need to put some glass on it. Any advice on what features I should be looking for in regards to a newer shooter besides for eye relief/eye box? I have FFP and SFP scopes on some of my other rifles, as well as dialable and non-dialable elevation. Should I ask her which she prefers, or keep it simple and get a SFP duplex for her to learn on? Not interested in a debate on which is better, just need another perspective on how I should approach this and weight the pros and cons of explaining to the BDC only works at max power, or explaining why the reticle changes size, or why she can but doesn't have to dial elevation depending on reticle...

Scope in question will be going on a .308, and I'm looking in the 2-10, 1-8, or 3-9 range.

OP
DenimChicken
Thanks for the input, but she's a teenager and has shot the .308 before. .223 is not legal for big game here.

Loo.wii

WKR
If you have a suppressor that would be good

Double up on ear pro

Start with a cheap caliber

Optic wise
Get something with lots of zoom so she can really examine the targets and understand them.

I wild also say a + reticle reticle with a dot in the middle

OP
DenimChicken
Why did you even ask?

P
Because I was looking for differing perspectives on optics for beginners as was outlined in original post. Didn't get a whole of of traction in regards to the original question asked. So I did what most people would do and made a decision with the information I had and moved forward with getting the rifle set up for her.

If you have a suppressor that would be good

Double up on ear pro

Start with a cheap caliber

Optic wise
Get something with lots of zoom so she can really examine the targets and understand them.

I wild also say a + reticle reticle with a dot in the middle
Suppressors are great for new shooters. Unfortunately this rifle doesn't have one, but she's shot suppressed before. We always double up. Usually some foamies with some electronic ear pro over. She started with .22 and .223.

In my opinion new shooters should keep it simple. Is she going to change magnification? Probably not. Then go straight 6x. She’ll get a better field of view and nothing to mess with. Is she going to shoot far enough that she needs a dial? Probably not. So go straight 6x.

You might say you‘ll get a variable and just leave it on 6x and that’s fine too.

P