Scope bell/barrel spacing concerns.

Luepold recommended high rings for the back country rings. I have a 50mm objective lens. Is this enough of a gap? It’s a browning x bolt hunter so it’s an intermediate barrel. The bell will be about about as close as possible to the scope rings. I don’t see the base of the barrel or scope whipping/flexing a whole lot. Should I go up another size? It’s a .308

Attachments

• IMG_3840.png
    IMG_3840.png
    668.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3838.png
    IMG_3838.png
    560.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 30

Woitey

FNG
It's fine. You might get mirage if your shooting a lot. I have gone to Picatinny rails on all my rifles so I no longer worry about clearance.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I have about the same gap (just over a quarter (coin) thick) on my 300 WSM mounted with a Burris Veracity 50mm objective scope. No issues with the scope touching the barrel. I can't flex the scope towards the barrel by any discernable amount with my hands and have had no issues after 100+ rounds. Those Leupold rings are great quality, so even less reason to worry. De-grease and torque the scope ring screws and go shoot!

OP
M
I have about the same gap (just over a quarter (coin) thick) on my 300 WSM mounted with a Burris Veracity 50mm objective scope. No issues with the scope touching the barrel. I can't flex the scope towards the barrel by any discernable amount with my hands and have had no issues after 100+ rounds. Those Leupold rings are great quality, so even less reason to worry. De-grease and torque the scope ring screws and go shoot!
thanks so much! It’s about a credit card size gap. It’s less than a quarter width. But I’ll shoot it and see if it touches. I shoot at most 40 rounds in a sitting without rapid fire.