School me on strings

I try and get a new set each year. Is that a bit OCD? Maybe, but it works for me. I have a few bows that I will shoot now and again and the strings on them are about 3 years old... Good as new yet.

J-Daddy

WKR
I never keep a bow a year " I do good to keep one a couple months, lol" but if I did I'd change them every year...

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
You should be able to get 2 years, easily, out of a good string/cable set with average use and minimal upkeep. You don't need to add wax each time you maintain the string either, using a piece of masons line and burnishing a little just to heat it up will bring the wax out and give you a smooth string again. Just be sure to check for any foreign debris before sliding the line up and down the string (sand, dirt,etc.)
If you shoot leagues, a lot of 3d and then hunt with 1 bow with practice in between it may not hurt to consider swapping out every year, or you might just want to freshen up with some new color scheme and keep the old as a back-up set.

J-Daddy

WKR
I did that this past year. It was fun but it got expensive also so I went back to what I liked best.

At most this year I might buy a new Carbon Matrix or Spyder Turbo...Shooting a Vector Turbo right now, not sure which one I want next...

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
John aka Breathn builds the best strings that I have seen. His strings go on all my bows. J Daddy is spot on about John. His servings look like they are dipped in plastic

J-Daddy

WKR
Where can I order some strings and cables at?
I can steer you in a number of directions...Feel free to drop me a PM and I'll give you some string builders that I know & recommend.

John aka Breathn builds the best strings that I have seen. His strings go on all my bows. J Daddy is spot on about John. His servings look like they are dipped in plastic
I've shot John's since he started really...Yes I'm on his Staff, I was the first person that he ever made a "staff shooter". I had shot a lot of strings in the past but after using his for a season on a 2007 PSE X-Force I was sold. He's a great string builder/bow tuner and an even better person.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I can steer you in a number of directions...Feel free to drop me a PM and I'll give you some string builders that I know & recommend.

I've shot John's since he started really...Yes I'm on his Staff, I was the first person that he ever made a "staff shooter". I had shot a lot of strings in the past but after using his for a season on a 2007 PSE X-Force I was sold. He's a great string builder/bow tuner and an even better person.
I'm on his staff too. And yes, heis a first class individual. I always enjoy talking with him. He is a great tuner too.