Schnee's Kestrel or Crispi Summit?

What crispis did you have? Was the toe box in the kestrels similar?
I have had the Crispy Valdres (liked them) and the Nevada (didn't fit my foot). I think the toe box is a little bigger in the Kestrels but similar to the Valdres. I hope that helps. I really like my Kestrels in southern AZ. They are light but the leather holds up to all the rock/cactus that often tears boots up. For me they are the perfect early season, light boot. I have also lugged out some elk and mule deer quarters with them and they did fine (less than 2 mile pack out). Good luck.

ClydeM

FNG
Kestrels currently on sale ;)
Wondering if I could get some help picking out a boot. I’m torn between the Timberline and the Beartooth. My hunting is pretty much all spot and stalk/still hunting(archery), for whitetail, black bear and hogs in the Appalachian mountains .

avluey

FNG
Figured I'd give my (early) thoughts for any prospective buyers. I'm fortunate that my 16 y/o son is now the same size in boots as me (and will likely be bigger by next year) so took the opportunity to throw a 2 for 1 past my wife :)

I'm always either 10.5 or 11 depending on brand and ordered the Kestrels in 10.5 (online) and Crispi Altitude in 11 (tried on in store).

So far I have put a couple light miles on each in Northern Idaho to include some steeper areas and tested waterproofing on the Kestrels in some shallow water fly fishing from the bank. I am still not sure which I prefer, both great boots that are very comfortable and until I get under a heavier load it probably comes down to cosmetics at this point. Kestrel more of a classic look and the Altitudes are more sleek and modern (my son's choice without hesitation).

The toe box is definitely wider in the Kestrels
Flex seems very comparable but Kestrels maybe ever so slightly stiffer
Insoles on the Kestrels seem a bit higher quality, but am replacing with Superfeet Trailblazers

Only complaint on the Kestrels so far is the lacing system (or maybe it's just the laces?), it is not easy to keep the desired tightness in the lower foot as you move past the 4th eyelet, but with some extra effort I can get there.

Schnee's has a 4th of July sale on now (snuck a 3rd pair in by ordering Granites for late season).