Schnee's Kestrel or Crispi Summit?

In the market for a new pair of lightweight early season hunting and hikers, I am looking at the Schnee's Kestrel and Crispi Summit GTX ll, both look well made, any thoughts from those that have worn both? Thanks in advance!

fatlander

WKR
I think the summit is quite a bit stiffer than the kestrel. I’ve got a pair of kestrels that are great light hikers, but I’ve found I like a stiffer boot under heavy loads. Granites get the nod from me when I’m going to be carrying any significant amount of weight for extended distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thanks, these will be mostly used early season in PA, then I use them for scouting year round. I am 68 now, just need a good light pair that will last and be comfortable.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I think the Kestrel would be more suited for what you want.
Also, you may want to look at Lems Primal Pursuit Mid. I’m in Montana and found these to be a great early season light weight hiker that provides good support.
I grab these over my Schnee’s Timberline boots.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I've always liked the idea of Lems, but concerned about how they hold up; it's hard to drop close to $200 when just a bit more gets a new pair of Schnee's. Worth checking out though it seems.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've always liked the idea of Lems, but concerned about how they hold up; it's hard to drop close to $200 when just a bit more gets a new pair of Schnee's. Worth checking out though it seems.
Lems are $145 and Schnee’s Kestrel are going to run $389.
No doubt the schnees are going to last longer, but I have a full season on my Lems, and they are still in excellent shape a and ready for another season.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Lems are $145 and Schnee’s Kestrel are going to run $389.
No doubt the schnees are going to last longer, but I have a full season on my Lems, and they are still in excellent shape a and ready for another season.
Yikes, the last I check the Kestrel was on sale for $250. You're right on the Lems though, I was looking at the Boulder Summit over the Primal Pursuit.

OP
P
Anyone know if the Kestrel's fit true to size? They are on sale and I am going with the Kestrel's, thanks for all the input.

I love my Kestrels. They are not real stiff but held up well when packing out meat. I wear a 13 Kestrel and a 13 Crispi. They fit true to size.

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
I have used lems boulder boot in pa. Unless you like your foot sliding around and feeling every rock underfoot i would avoid. If you have hot feet id go with synthetic boot

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I have used lems boulder boot in pa. Unless you like your foot sliding around and feeling every rock underfoot i would avoid. If you have hot feet id go with synthetic boot
I've made "mobility" a major emphasis in my life the last few years, albeit not a lifestyle like some weirdo. I've been contemplating moccasins for archery, the Lems might be a compromise? I've also killed deer in Vans, so who knows. I appreciate the tip though, i'm looking at options.

Curious if anyone has experience with how the kestrel stacks up to the Crispi Lapponia?

Fit and function?

I really like the lappoina, but the kestrel looks awesome. The midsole on the lapponia seems to be the weak link IMO, mine always seem to wear out prior to any major issues with the boot.

@Schnee's .... let us know when the sale starts :sneaky:

OP
P
Ordered my normal size 11.5D and had to send them back for a 12D, I am wearing them around the house to get a feel for them, they are very well made. I just need to make sure of the fit before I decide to keep them, so far so good. I will update after a week or 2.