Scheels coming to Meridian Idaho

mtnwrunner(Trandy)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Well, on one hand I hate to see it.....like me need more people here. On the other hand, it's a great store and has alot of what I need.
Anyone know when the target opening date is??

Randy

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
What’s coghlans?

White gas filters, fire starters, egg carriers, r regency blankets, hotdog stics, waterproof matches…

I’m not sure if I’m a genius or an idiot for knowing so many of their products…but I swear the white gas filter is the only thing I own…

idcuda

WKR
Basically an up zone, moving away from single family homes. Decreasing minimum lot requirements, increasing height maximums and really pushing towards density. Urbanists utopia.
Yuck. Been in the neighborhoods north of state street lately? They're putting houses on top of houses, apartments on quarter acre lots, etc.

I'm interested in Scheel's though, too. Heard good things and I'm right down the road.

Just a reminder to everyone that Meridian Scheels opens tomorrow. Pretty excited. I heard when their other stores opened during peak covid they were loaded up powder and primers so gonna try to get there early and snag some. Always had good luck with Scheels and I’m in the same boat as many of you I’d drive a hour past 2 Cabelas and SW to go to a Scheels any day of the week.

Have fun guys! Great store! Have been going to them since the early 80's in the Dakotas. Our store in Tulsa opens this fall. Most of my friends had never heard of them. I am educating!!

Last edited:

KurtR

WKR
My brother would be there but he has some sxs show he has a booth at. Get the scheels card and put everything on it get the points and you can get all the out doors stuff you want. Just make sure to pay the card off every month. Customer service is top notch at all the stores that i go to.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Cool that it's there. I'm sure I'll be by at some point. Certainly won't be there for the chaos it will be tomorrow.

My brother would be there but he has some sxs show he has a booth at. Get the scheels card and put everything on it get the points and you can get all the out doors stuff you want. Just make sure to pay the card off every month. Customer service is top notch at all the stores that i go to.
Was thinking about going to that show. What booth is your brother at?

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR

Funny. My wife used an REI card for many years….then they took a turn for the worse and now she’s on the Scheels train.

KurtR

WKR
Was thinking about going to that show. What booth is your brother at?
He builds shocks. The name of his business is TDS suspension. I could get the booth number from him tomorrow. Since moving out there he has gotten into doing a bunch of sxs stuff. Mainly builds stuff for dirt track cars and a few Aspahlt cars.

Swamp Fox

WKR
They have a Scheels here in Co.. it's the same as any other big box store.. They will have one or maybe two racks of clothing from each manufacturer so you will get 1 type of pant, 1 jacket, 1 underlayer and 1 whatever other option from each manufacturer that they want you to get, same with everything else.. a ton of options yet at the same time only a couple options from each manufacturer.

But at least they sell home furnishings and have a ferris wheel.

We'll put you down as "Undecided..."

Mojave

WKR
They have a Scheels here in Co.. it's the same as any other big box store.. They will have one or maybe two racks of clothing from each manufacturer so you will get 1 type of pant, 1 jacket, 1 underlayer and 1 whatever other option from each manufacturer that they want you to get, same with everything else.. a ton of options yet at the same time only a couple options from each manufacturer.

But at least they sell home furnishings and have a ferris wheel.
It's an all family store. My non-hunting wife and daughters love that place as much as I do.