Scheels coming to Meridian Idaho

I can’t believe it sometimes. It’s like in a week a new apartment building pops up. That area between Linder and ten mile is just fat with apartments and condos.
Yeah, it’s crazy. If Boise get their complete zone rewrite pushed through, it’s going to get even worse in the cities outside Boise.

Reactions: ODB

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, that'll help with traffic. In-N-Out and Scheels, what could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
They have a Scheels here in Co.. it's the same as any other big box store.. They will have one or maybe two racks of clothing from each manufacturer so you will get 1 type of pant, 1 jacket, 1 underlayer and 1 whatever other option from each manufacturer that they want you to get, same with everything else.. a ton of options yet at the same time only a couple options from each manufacturer.

But at least they sell home furnishings and have a ferris wheel.
Your Scheels sounds like a complete 180 from every Scheels I've ever been in, and I've been in them in about 10 different states. The ones I've been in have had tons of clothing, not one type of pant, one jacket, etc. Sounds like a Colorado problem.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, it’s crazy. If Boise get their complete zone rewrite pushed through, it’s going to get even worse in the cities outside Boise.
What's that idiot mayor wanting now?

What's that idiot mayor wanting now?

Basically an up zone, moving away from single family homes. Decreasing minimum lot requirements, increasing height maximums and really pushing towards density. Urbanists utopia.

With Micron building a new mega fab there in Boise the growth will just continue to explode in that area.

It’s what governments fight for, more growth, more jobs, bigger tax base, more production, more more more.
Governments can’t stand to have things just remain the same.

def90

WKR
Your Scheels sounds like a complete 180 from every Scheels I've ever been in, and I've been in them in about 10 different states. The ones I've been in have had tons of clothing, not one type of pant, one jacket, etc. Sounds like a Colorado problem.

No, they have plenty of clothing, they have racks full of 9 brands, with each brand you get one jacket, one pant, one underlayer and one other random piece from the line. Same with boots, a ton of brands but like one or two models from each brand.

Unlike places around the Denver area like 1 Shot Gear that carry pretty much the entire line.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
It’s what governments fight for, more growth, more jobs, bigger tax base, more production, more more more.
Governments can’t stand to have things just remain the same.
As if the capitalist businessman doesn’t have any part of it lol!!! Pull your head out!

As if the capitalist businessman doesn’t have any part of it lol!!! Pull your head out!
You’ll have to show me where I said or implied the government was solely responsible for anything.
You’re adding your own thoughts into the mix and then chastising me for what’s in your head.

nobody

WKR
Scheels is top dog in the big box world. I’ll drive an hour to the one closest to me and pass a Cabela’s and 4 Sportsman’s Warehouse stores without batting an eye.

They have great stock and inventory on everything, along with great prices. They’ll price match ANYBODY. Case in point, I wanted to pick up a Tikka CTR last fall. Scheels was the only place I could track one down other than a shop in Idaho Falls. The place in Idaho Falls had the CTR for for $929.99, and scheels had it for about $1200 IIRC. I made the joke to the scheels manager that I wish they would match a store without a website, he asked me the price, I told him, and he changed it and matched it. No arguing, no dickering, no questions asked. Great service.

Their employees are second to none. Most of the ones at the Scheels in Sandy, Utah are former Cabela’s and Sportsmans Warehouse guys who spent a ton of time in the industry, but left those stores when Bass Pro stepped in and John Barker (Sportsman’s CEO) flushed SW down the toilet. Scheels pays a fair wage, hires quality people, and trains them well on the product itself, not just sleezy sales tactics.

If I were you, I’d be excited about one coming to Meridian.

rclouse79

WKR
This is great news. Cabelas and Sportsmans could not keep up with outfitting all the Californians moving here. At least now they will look the part when they go bumbling out into the woods.

I am excited for Scheels to finally open here in AZ. I will say, I like Sportsmans, but the few times I have visited Scheels in North Dakota, I was impressed. Bass pro is decent for fishing, Cabelas is pretty much Tits on a boar.

Funny, while most celebrate the addition of stores to areas that were once all farms or wildlife areas i start looking for somewhere further out to move to once places like Scheels (pick any big box store) show up. These places spread like cancers with Starbucks, dog parks, and urbanites not far behind.

Funny, while most celebrate the addition of stores to areas that were once all farms or wildlife areas i start looking for somewhere further out to move to once places like Scheels (pick any big box store) show up. These places spread like cancers with Starbucks, dog parks, and urbanites not far behind.
The Treasure Valley is long past all of that.

The Treasure Valley is long past all of that.
Exactly my point. The problem is a lot of people think that development will just stop there. But it won’t, urban sprawl just continues its relentless destruction bringing urbanites, dog parks, and Starbucks to a small town near you.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Exactly my point. The problem is a lot of people think that development will just stop there. But it won’t, urban sprawl just continues its relentless destruction bringing urbanites, dog parks, and Starbucks to a small town near you.

A phenomenon of the sprawl is the homogenization of cities; they all start looking the same. The stores and restaurants are largely cookie-cutter, the apartment complexes and condos - it’s Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V on a massive scale.