Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX

I have been looking for my perfect boots. I tried out the Hanwag Alaska and although they felt great up to the balls of my feet, the toes were too damn tight. Now I’m trying the Scarpa Kinesis Pro. The toes and heels feel good but they are pretty tight right above the balls of my feel. Does anyone who has had this boot feel like that has been able to stretch out? Any other experiences with this boot? I may try a half size larger, but the length really feels perfect.

Thanks!

Last edited:

JStol5

WKR
i had a similar issue with Hanwag makra treks. I used a combination of putting a lacrosse ball in the toe box to stretch it, changing my lacing technique, and them stretching over time by wearing them. I switched to a thinner sock as well.

OP
B
I’ll try the next size up. I tried the next size up on the Hanwag Alaska but the heel felt loose. Maybe the next size up on the Scarpa Kinesis would work. Finding the perfect boot is hard.

OP
B
I'd try a half size larger. It made all the difference in the world for me.
Did you get the Scarpa Kinesis? And if so, over time did it stretch out some or did it fit perfect from the start when you went up a 1/2 size

Did you get the Scarpa Kinesis? And if so, over time did it stretch out some or did it fit perfect from the start when you went up a 1/2 size
Have pairs of 4 different Scarpa boots, a 5th I gave to a friend because they were a 1/2 size to small for me, no matter how badly I wanted them to fit. And, I tried and tried. From my experience with all 5 different types of Scarpa's, they don't stretch much, if any. As for which models I have, I'd need to dig them out, and that isn't happening tonight.

OP
B
Have pairs of 4 different Scarpa boots, a 5th I gave to a friend because they were a 1/2 size to small for me, no matter how badly I wanted them to fit. And, I tried and tried. From my experience with all 5 different types of Scarpa's, they don't stretch much, if any. As for which models I have, I'd need to dig them out, and that isn't happening tonight.
Thank you for your help.

I've been using my Kinesis Pro's for a couple years now, I love them. Tried a few other boots but I just keep coming back to these. I had the exact same experience as you, with the boots being pretty tight around the ball of my foot. It look a LOT of breaking in before they finally started to feel better, and even now they still feel a little tight when I first put them on. I use aftermarket insoles which take up a bit more volume than the stock insoles as well, so that doesn't make things any easier.

Long story short; yes, they will break in and stretch out a little bit, but in my experience the break-in period was very long for these boots.

manitou1

WKR
Mine seem a bit snug on top of my foot over the ball... but I gotta say I only notice it when putting them on and lacing them up. Never bothers me while wearing them.

That being said, the Kenesis Pro boots are the best hikers I have ever tried as far as support, locking the heal in and comfort for my feet... and I have tried Meindl, Zamberlan, Lowa, Whites, and Crispi.

I wish they made similar for hot weather hiking as those Kenesis are HOT in the summer scouting trips, so I wear Crispi Colorados then.

Would also like to see a full heighth Kenesis. For me it would be a great winter boot.

These boots are stiff. Definitely more stiff than the NI briksdals I’m using now. Maybe the leather has a lot to do with added stiffness.

Seems like this boot will not be breaking in anytime soon without some tough terrain and a heavy pack. The usual trails won’t do it.

Has anyone found the leather to soften? And is this the main part of the breaking in or is then shank/mid sole mainly what’s softening up?

want to lace these up nice and snug or jump ship.

i had a similar issue with Hanwag makra treks. I used a combination of putting a lacrosse ball in the toe box to stretch it, changing my lacing technique, and them stretching over time by wearing them. I switched to a thinner sock as well.

What did you change your lacing technique to??