Scarpa break in and creaky leather/laces?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Hey folks,

I purchased a pair of Scarpa SL Active boots in preparation for the upcoming hunting season, and I've been out a couple times after work to get them broken in and ready. Now I've only got about 6-7 hours of hiking in them(not sure of mileage), so I don't expect them to be broken in yet, but wondering what to expect for a break in period? They generally feel quite comfy, but still have a couple of hot spots, part of which might still be figuring out getting the laces just right, and I'll likely be replacing the insoles. This is the first pair of boots of this type I've ever had.

As well, they creak pretty loudly. Sounds like it's the uppers, not sure if it's the leather itself or the laces creaking against the leather. Can I expect this to go away with breaking them in? Is there some sort of conditioning product I should be using?

Boots in question: http://www.mec.ca/product/5029-034/scarpa-sl-active-backpacking-boots-mens/

Thanks!

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
My Hanwags creak under the laces. In the field I applied lip balm to shut them up.
At home I put Obenauffs on the tongue ….. so far so good...