Scam????

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently sent payment for a nightforce shv to "battleguy" aka Jose A. Garcia. I have since found that he is scamming people. Evidently the administrators have been made aware of this! I have 2 questions:
Why in the hell are his ads still up for unsuspecting fools like me to fall victim to?
What is my recourse in this situation?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
When I'm buying stuff using PayPal I always opt to pay the extra and "pay for goods" vs "sending money to friends" so that way if this happens you can file a dispute with PayPal and get your money back.

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try this morning, but the scammer has already received payment. I'm afraid it's probably too late.....

EastMT

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I sent the mods a warning about this guy, he had some random comments then listed a ton of stuff. Another thread said his pics were old, found with google search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacted my bank and the check was paid on the 24th. They are going to get me the bank info so that should be very helpful to the authorities.

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Texas and he is in Indianapolis IN. Anybody want to make a few dollars?!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah, I would like to hear from one of the administrators as to why they still allow him to have an active account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
He was banned on the 15th and hasn't posted since the October 12th.

Unless they are a long-time member here always protect yourself.

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would have been REALLY nice to know there were issues with the guy before getting burned for $600.

tdhanses

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would have been REALLY nice to know there were issues with the guy before getting burned for $600.

Risk you take using free classifieds. Unless someone posts it publicly like you did. To me we are the moderators of our spending not Rokslide.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If the price is too good to be true...it usually is. Scammers prey on those that want to be the first to take advantage of someone else. It's a human trait, they know it and they profit by exploiting it. Caveat Emptor!

OP
W

willicd

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"take advantage of someone else" are you fu$king kidding me? The reason I fell prey to this POS is because I was trying to take advantage of him?

If the price is too good to be true...it usually is. Scammers prey on those that want to be the first to take advantage of someone else. It's a human trait, they know it and they profit by exploiting it. Caveat Emptor!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Simmer down Will... Live and learn, atleast it was only $600.00. Protect yourself. Relying on other people to protect your money is a bad idea. It is not the admin's fault, it is solely yours and I hope you end up getting more money back. Always research your seller before you give him money and always send your money paypal or another route that ensures you have some recourse if he decides to con you out of your hard earned money.

bbrown

WKR
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I hate to be that guy and sorry you got burned but come on man do your homework. It says banned under his name so I think it’s a bit much to blame the mods in this scenario. Considering there are other “safer” auction options to buy thru you took a chance here and lost. At the very least don’t send a money order or as a gift.