WTB Scam alert - hacked username wabowman

HouseCL

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Avoid doing any deals with username Wabowman - confirmed stolen/hacked username

They posted an ad for a Garmin Xero chronograph earlier today at a price that was too good to be true. Another user posted they would take it, and a few others posted saying they would be backup, including myself. The thread was locked but a little while later I got a PM from the poster saying that it was still available as the initial buyers backed out.

The English was somewhat broken, whereas the prior posts on the account were in good English. Also the ad asked for PayPal FF only, and I was surprised that somebody would back out of a Garmin chrono for only $400 so I was somewhat suspicious.

I messaged the first guy who said he would take it and he said he had sent payment, but the scammer was still telling me it was available.

One of the user’s prior posts from a few years ago had a cell phone number so I texted it and they confirmed it’s a scam.

Would hate to see this guy lose his account, but probably needs to be locked for now

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Seeing quite a few of these now, a SS tikka 223 for 475$, probably those swaro ELs the other day for 800$. If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is. That’s not to say there aren’t some great deals to be had, just tread with caution everyone.

OP
H

HouseCL

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Seeing quite a few of these now, a SS tikka 223 for 475$, probably those swaro ELs the other day for 800$. If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is. That’s not to say there aren’t some great deals to be had, just tread with caution everyone.
Agreed

My recommendation - never pay FF. It’s worth paying a couple extra bucks to have the protection.