Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check out the new video review up in the Video forum. Pretty neat concept. My Katadyn is 1#, this new Sawyer is only 3 oz. Huge weight savings. Easy to use, fast, and now I can bring more food because of the weight savings...I like to eat! :)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yep been using mine for over a year now on my platypus and filtered around 100 gallons already with it. Great little filters for sure. Still take the Hiker Pro for the colder late fall trips and on flyout hunts though.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yukondog

WKR
Are there any concerns with freezing? What ia the best way to care for the filter in freezing weather? Im sure expanding water as it freezes would cause issues.

Ozz08

WKR
I live right around the corner from an rei so I went in there this morning and bought the last squeeze me they had. I got it home and realized there was a box knife slash across the back of package and sure enough all three bags had the same slash. Oh well I took it back and I'll wait till they get another or find it somewhere else.

Yukondog

WKR
I do want to give this filter a try. Friend of mine said he has try it and it would clog up with anything except clear water. Are there any field reports out there?

I just bought a katadyn to replace my aging filter.

I like the idea of the Sawyer and would look at buying the sawyer inline, but I usually throw my pack outside the tent and have had my nalgene bottle freeze overnight and for the morning. would you have to take the filter and place it in the foot of your sleeping bag overnight?