Sawtooth- New Owner

I am the proud new owner of a Kifaru Sawtooth. So I decided to give you guys my first impressions and a few pics from the first weekend out.

First of all I picked up my new Sawtooth last Wednesday. The only thing I could think of to do was get out ASAP and get it put up. Decided to head to the mountains after work friday for the weekend.
I watched the video Patrick put up on youtube.com for the Sawtooth set up. He explained everything very well and the tent went up within ten minutes on my first try. The tent seemed to be a castle for two guys and gear compared to other mountaineering tents I had used in the past.

The stove only seemed to sweeten the deal. There was plenty of firewood close by. The tent was 80 degrees within a few minutes after lighting. I packed some firepaste to help light the stove. We did get some snow and some of our firewood was damp. Very easy to get started with the gel so it was well worth it to me.

First impressions: The tent is huge, I am not used to having this much living space. I look forward to using this tent quite a bit in the colder seasons. Very pleased so far with the purchase.

Last edited:
OP
sanchomaes

Last picture shows the footprint after the tent was taken down. BTW first time uploading photos. Aron can suck on it.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sweet I'm liking it! Looks like a good time & I will be joining the Kifaru club soon enough........