Savage Model 10 mag question

Chunky Dunk 71

Lil-Rokslider
WIth a Savage model 10, what other brands of detachable magazines would work? I know Magpul makes a few different models, just wondering if anyone has any experience with which model works best?

Dreeko

FNG
I believe you are limited to the factory Savage magazines unless you are able to change out the stock and or bottom metal to accept aftermarket magazines. I'm not aware of any aftermarket magazines that utilize the savage-style magazine latch.

I believe the Magpul magazines are primarily set up for the AICS pattern magazine latches which are not interchangeable with the savage-style magazine latches.

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
As above poster stated... You might have to switch stocks.

With savages you have to look at the bolt release location. Is it a bottom bolt release (around trigger guard) or top bolt release? (side of action). I would find out which one you have and look for AICS bottom metal for your particular savage. Savage seems to have more bottom release bolt models currently so I hope someone has another bottom metal option other than PTG

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Atlasworks has an AICS pattern bottom metal with an eccentric bushing to allow it to work with both stagger- and center-feed hole spacing.

I have no experience with this product having only used CDI (RIP) in the past. I am looking into it for an upcoming build on a stagger feed model 10.